All reviews ana maria bedroom suite fire pit front desk outdoor pool month stay full kitchen breakfast staff living area every morning hartford area waffles rooms are clean pull out sofa shopping and restaurants the breakfast area buckland hills
Reviewed 9 January 2017

For several years we've been staying at the Manchester Residence Inn for family reunions. This past weekend our family met for our post Christmas celebration. This usually means we rent up to 5 or 6 rooms. This past weekend we booked 4 rooms including one 2 bedroom suite.

Depending on the year and which family members are traveling to CT, we use one of the three types of rooms: 2 bedroom suite, 1 bedroom suite or the studio (my favorite is the studio).

Typically, at least one of us ends up with a 2 bedroom suite, which ends up being the hub of our family activity. The rooms are clean, updated and quiet. The bedding is comfortable and the kitchen supplies satisfactory for our in house get-togethers.

We always enjoy the hearty breakfast provided, but this year a few of our family members particularly enjoyed the new potato and corn hash. The women in the kitchen are wonderfully welcoming and friendly.

Unfortunately, because of the treacherous snow storm predicted on Saturday morning breakfast we quickly needed to change our reservations for Christmas lunch to a breakfast on Sunday instead. While making this decision, we naturally inquired with the awesome kitchen staff, Delia and Charissa. Charissa even called a restaurant to learn if they could accommodate a group of sixteen!

We highly recommend this hotel. They will do everything in their power to make you feel like your home!

Kudos to all Residence Inn staff!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Peter M, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a loyal customer, I appreciate your business.

We are delighted that you have been part of our extended family for years and welcome your online review, to share with your fellow travelers what we are all about.

It is so wonderful to read that my team was able to assist you and went above and beyond to make your family gathering successful and fun!

We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

Great hotel the staff make feel part of the family, Ms. Ana Maria make your morning happy with her breakfast, and the managers are very helpful giving you guidance about the good places to go out and eat.
my only complain will be the gym and is because it has some missing equipment and some other is out of order.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ricardo d
Peter M, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Residence Inn Manchester. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your nice compliment about Ana Marie and the team.

Please accept my apology for the fitness room items being out of service, they have since been fixed and everything is up and running.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Last night was my first stay at the Residence Inn Hartford-Manchester. The hotel room and the neighborhood were the best things about our stay.
The first room my husband and I checked in to was on the first floor, next to the entrance/exit with window exposures to the parking lot. We immediately requested a different room. The second room we received was located on the second floor next to the stairs and elevator. The noise level from the staircase and elevator was too loud and caused me to write this review at 6:50am. It also does not help that the guests above our room have been stomping and or running around since 5:00am. Unfortunately, for us this was not a pleasant stay and am unsure if we will return if there are no other room options available. The hotel itself is average cleanliness, nice room space, updated bathroom, cable tv, and complimentary hot breakfast are definitely why the rating is high. Just don't get any rooms by the elevator, stairs or 1st floor.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Camille M
Peter M, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us. I am sorry that the available rooms for your stay did not meet your expectations.

We strive to have all of our guests have an enjoyable stay and I apologize that you were woken up by another guest.

Please contact me to review your room preferences and let me know what room you stayed in, so we can investigate any noise issues.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We were returning from a trip to Maine and stopped here for the night. We made the right choice! This is a nice hotel! Our room had a comfortable bed, full kitchen, sofa and TV area. The room was very clean, well maintained with attractive decor. The night we were there, desserts were being served in the lobby area. Chocolate cake, carrot cake, cheesecake and vanilla bean ice cream with waffle cones! Yum! The breakfast buffet was very good with many food choices. I would love to stay here for several days! Would definitely stay here again on a return trip thru Connecticut!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Peter M, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review on TripAdvisor about the Residence Inn Manchester and for being a valued guest.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

I will be certain to praise our F&B team for the wonderful desert and the breakfast.

Reviewed 15 October 2016

The Residence Inn is about 15 miles from Uconn. There is not much in Storrs, so Manchester was a good location to go visit the UConn. It was spacious and clean. When we first arrived, the room we given had a toilet that would not flush. The front desk quickly gave us a new room. The customer service was very good! Breakfast in the morning was fairly decent with hot breakfast items like scrambled eggs, sausage and make your own waffles. The not so great part was that the the sofa bed mattress was unusable. The regular beds were not the most comfortable either. Not horrible, but not great. Just average. Overall, fine for a quick trip to the University.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Peter M, General Manager at Residence Inn Hartford Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay.

Please accept my apologies for the mattresses not being as comfortable as you hoped. We are in the process of replacing the mattresses for all beds at the hotel in the winter of this year. So upon your return, please let me know how you liked them.

Thank you.