“Went to Connecticut to visit a business associate who turned me on to an excellent dining find.”
Review of West Street Grill

West Street Grill
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Litchfield
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: West Street Grill in Litchfield, CT sets the standard for modern American cuisine. Come indulge in beautifully plated dishes with inspired flavors. In the kitchen, each and every dish is executed with stellar culinary experience and delivered with perfection. Fresh ingredients are always used and fresh fish delivered daily. Our Parmesan Aioli Bread, Pate, Cauliflower Tempura, and Soups are among our customer's favorites. We have an extensive list of wines and in 2013 won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Dive into one of our perfectly made martinis or try one of our delectable desserts, they are both sure to be a treat. The owner's at West Street Grill know what it takes to create a warm and attentive experience when you visit their restaurant. At West Street Grill, we anticipate your every need and have trained our staff to do the same with courteous and seamless attention to your experience. They offer an appreciative welcome to all guests, and assure perfect service.
Reviewed 4 December 2017

After a lengthy drive to Connecticut and an involved meeting, our group was looking forward to a nice lunch. The recommendation by our local contact was the West Street Grill. We got there near the end of their lunch service, but, the owner, an Irish gentleman welcomed us and asked his Manager to make sure that we got service. A nice young man attended to our order and made some excellent suggestions. His recommendations were spot on and the service was meticulous, as echoed by a friend, who is more keen on this, than even the food. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal...fish and vegetables were perfect. Litchfield has a cute downtown Main Street and would be a nice place to visit for the afternoon and to have lunch or dinner at the West Street Grill.

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thanks for stopping by while you were in the area -- we're both thrilled we could make your visit wonderful! We appreciate the compliments, and we hope to welcome you back in the next time you're in the area.

All the best,
James & Charles

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stop by spontaneously and had an absolutely amazing meal! Staff was great as well as our conversation with the owners.
Can’t wait to have dinner there again!!!!!

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

I'm so happy you and your wife decided to stop by, Allen, and it was a pleasure to meet you both. I'm thrilled you loved your meals, and I really can't wait to welcome you back.

Until then,

Reviewed 12 November 2017

My wife and I try to surprise the other on our birthdays with a new restaurant visit. Having run out of an obvious new choice, I decided to make our first repeat visit on our birthday restaurant list with a trip to Litchfield. There were no surprises: the food, atmosphere, service, friendliness and attention to detail was as good as ever. Make a trip to West Street Grill and savor the friendliness and uniformly great food.

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Surprising each other on your birthdays is a wonderful tradition, Stephen! I'm so glad you decided to come by and see us again. We can't wait until next time.

All my best,

Reviewed 5 November 2017

The Litchfield hills are one of the most beautiful spots on my radar. I love visiting and then having a wonderful meal at the West Street Grill. The food is always exceptional and the hospitality inviting. Make sure you order the peasant bread. I was pleased to see the addition of a small bar in the front. Now I have two reasons to hurry back to lovely Litchfield.

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

It's wonderful to hear that you're a fan of our place, Ken. We love it here in Litchfield, and we appreciate you visiting when you're in the area. I hope you'll come by again very soon.

All my best,

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We have been coming with our family for the last 20 years and are always impressed by the delicious and consistent food and atmosphere. The great vibe and range of food choices to serve a family of four such as burgers, trout and beat salad and great fries! Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

It's great to hear you've been this impressed with us! Between the food and service I'm thrilled everything hast been perfect. Hope to see you back again next time you're in town!

Until then,