“Revisiting a favorite.”

West Street Grill
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Litchfield
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: West Street Grill in Litchfield, CT sets the standard for modern American cuisine. Come indulge in beautifully plated dishes with inspired flavors. In the kitchen, each and every dish is executed with stellar culinary experience and delivered with perfection. Fresh ingredients are always used and fresh fish delivered daily. Our Parmesan Aioli Bread, Pate, Cauliflower Tempura, and Soups are among our customer's favorites. We have an extensive list of wines and in 2013 won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Dive into one of our perfectly made martinis or try one of our delectable desserts, they are both sure to be a treat. The owner's at West Street Grill know what it takes to create a warm and attentive experience when you visit their restaurant. At West Street Grill, we anticipate your every need and have trained our staff to do the same with courteous and seamless attention to your experience. They offer an appreciative welcome to all guests, and assure perfect service.
Reviewed 12 November 2017

My wife and I try to surprise the other on our birthdays with a new restaurant visit. Having run out of an obvious new choice, I decided to make our first repeat visit on our birthday restaurant list with a trip to Litchfield. There were no surprises: the food, atmosphere, service, friendliness and attention to detail was as good as ever. Make a trip to West Street Grill and savor the friendliness and uniformly great food.

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Surprising each other on your birthdays is a wonderful tradition, Stephen! I'm so glad you decided to come by and see us again. We can't wait until next time.

All my best,

Reviewed 5 November 2017

The Litchfield hills are one of the most beautiful spots on my radar. I love visiting and then having a wonderful meal at the West Street Grill. The food is always exceptional and the hospitality inviting. Make sure you order the peasant bread. I was pleased to see the addition of a small bar in the front. Now I have two reasons to hurry back to lovely Litchfield.

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

It's wonderful to hear that you're a fan of our place, Ken. We love it here in Litchfield, and we appreciate you visiting when you're in the area. I hope you'll come by again very soon.

All my best,

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We have been coming with our family for the last 20 years and are always impressed by the delicious and consistent food and atmosphere. The great vibe and range of food choices to serve a family of four such as burgers, trout and beat salad and great fries! Well worth a visit if you are in the area.

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

It's great to hear you've been this impressed with us! Between the food and service I'm thrilled everything hast been perfect. Hope to see you back again next time you're in town!

Reviewed 28 October 2017

We stopped in Litchfield for lunch today while visiting the area. We were initially planning to eat at another establishment but were attracted to the outside of West Street Grille and decided to give it a try. We were very pleased to find that the food and service were excellent! The owner greets you at the door and speaks with you as you leave. The interior is upscale casual. The wait staff is extremely attentive, stopping by numerous times to see if we needed anything. We were both pleased with the spinach and bean and pumpkin butternut squash soups. The latter was lightly sweet and spiced.. My husband enjoyed the fish and chips which had an extremely light batter rather than the heavily battered version usually served at restaurants. The frittata was light and flavorful with goat cheese and chopped ham and is served with dressed greens.. Of the chardonnay by the glass choices, the French chardonnay deliciously complimented the food. The server recommended the vegan chocolate cake which was amazing and a great choice for anyone who loves chocolate.

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

I'm so happy to hear the meal and service were nothing short of perfect, Laura -- thank you for the kind words! That's really all I could ask for, and I'll be sure to share your kind words with the rest of the team. We'd love to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

My husband and i have been coming to the West Street Grill for years and today i brought a friend to try it for the first time. We were not disappointed. Everything was delicious from the Peach Cosmo cocktail to the Vegan Chocolate Cake (and i’m Not Vegan). We enjoyed a steaming cup of tomato soup with Parmesan aioli peasant bread and our entrees were memorable as well. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you are in the Litchfield area.

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

It's always great to see you and your husband here for a meal, and it means the world to know you've always been happy with everything from our cocktails to our memorable entrees. We can't wait to see you two again soon!