“First time patron”

West Street Grill
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Litchfield
Price range: US$0 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: West Street Grill in Litchfield, CT sets the standard for modern American cuisine. Come indulge in beautifully plated dishes with inspired flavors. In the kitchen, each and every dish is executed with stellar culinary experience and delivered with perfection. Fresh ingredients are always used and fresh fish delivered daily. Our Parmesan Aioli Bread, Pate, Cauliflower Tempura, and Soups are among our customer's favorites. We have an extensive list of wines and in 2013 won the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. Dive into one of our perfectly made martinis or try one of our delectable desserts, they are both sure to be a treat. The owner's at West Street Grill know what it takes to create a warm and attentive experience when you visit their restaurant. At West Street Grill, we anticipate your every need and have trained our staff to do the same with courteous and seamless attention to your experience. They offer an appreciative welcome to all guests, and assure perfect service.
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Met up with friends and tried this place for the first time. It is a small place with tables quite close together with a warm cozy feeling. Each of us ordered a different entrée; swordfish, crab cakes, broccoli rabe and the shrimp scampi. We ate every bit of our meals and thoroughly enjoyed them. No leftovers as the portions are of medium size. Dessert was shared (1 bite apiece)
Found it odd though that by 7:00 they would already be out of a soup choice. We had a very pleasant efficient server. It was an enjoyable evening, food was very good. Food was very good, but pricey!

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

I'm thrilled you enjoyed dining with us, Jerika! From the swordfish to the shrimp scampi, I'm delighted to know you found every dish a joy. Thanks a million for the kind words, and I hope you come back to see us soon again.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

A great non-chain restaurant is getting to be a rarity these days.
All dishes we tried were excellent
Service very dignified and responsive
Obviously very popular with the locals as well

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

DOug, thanks for supporting local, and I'm so glad you enjoyed an excellent meal with us. I hope that means we'll be seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. The service was awful the food was not good and I believe I heard one of the managers or owners (I think his name was David) yelling at the staff in front of customers which I thought was very unprofessional! I won't be returning for dinner anytime soon!

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

We're sorry about your experience, Pam. We treat our team as our family and we'd never want to come off as unwelcoming or unfriendly. We'll be meeting as a team to make sure we're all showing our guests the kind, attentive service and the delicious food we're capable of every day. Hope we'll have another chance to impress you!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This is one of the very best establishments is the area. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone interested in a great meal

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

We're thrilled to hear that you think so. Thanks so much for spreading the word. I hope you'll come back and visit us in the very near future.

All my best,

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We were driving in the Northwest corner of Connecticut and decided to try the Grille for lunch. My husband ordered an unforgettable burger, but I decided to get something I never get in restaurants because the dish never measures up to that served in Brussels - moules frites! The fries arrived without ketchup, but the waitress reminded me that "those fries", meaning truffled, are never served with ketchup! The $26 order of mussels arrived appetizer sized, totally tasteless with a spicy tomato/wine "broth" on the bottom of the dish. The "sauce" did not require the obligatory soup spoon!
Needless to stay, given the restaurant's reputation, I was disappointed by the price, and food quality. No more moules frites for me this side of the pond!

James O, Owner at West Street Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't impressed by your order, Vaira. We always want every single dish to be delicious and flavorful. I'll be sure to look into it. I hope you'll give us another chance next time you're in the area.