“Classic dining car diner serving all day breakfast with great service.”
Review of Zip's Dining Car

Zip's Dining Car
Ranked #3 of 45 Restaurants in Killingly
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Zip's Diner is conveniently located right off the I-395. The place is easy to spot. Watch for the EAT sign above the stainless dining car building. The food is quintessential diner food. Go for the OG atmosphere. Don't expect gourmet food. Their breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu offers all the classics.Servers & host greet you with a hello & a friendly smile.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Local landmark on corner of busy road/interstate access. Efficient wait staff. Usual menu of breakfast, lunch, supper items. Nothing special.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

The service was great. The eggs "over easy" were cooked fine but were floating in oil. The home fries were overdone to the point of burnt and didn't seem very fresh. Whatever they use to butter the toast definitely isn't butter. I thought I just had a bad meal but the second trip it was the same as the first.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 12 April 2018

My father and I were traveling to a funeral in Rhode Island and detoured to come to this diner that my father remembered from over 60 years ago. Greeted at the door, smiling wait staff dressed in white, well kept diner with a great diner menu. My father had an omelet and I had a steak sandwich. Both were cooked perfectly and arrived quickly; delicious! We were there mid afternoon and the place only had a few others dining. Had time to chat with everyone. Very friendly place and the prices were extremely reasonable. My father wants to go back even though it's a 4 hour ride. If you love classic diners worth your time. The booths and tables as well as counter service. The diner seems wider than some old style cars.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I don't typically give out 5 stars as I am a tough reviewer. The good is good. The atmosphere is good. The service is good. The experience of having breakfast at the counter of a local diner is a 5 star experience. It is a place my grandfather would have tsken my father, my first time was with my dad and my son's first time was with me. It's that kind of place.

Date of visit: March 2018