“Super Chowder!”

The Lake Tavern
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Killingly
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 31 March 2015

Loved the atmosphere-truly a tavern on a beautiful lake-at my visit, the lake was frozen solid! The chowder (New England) was the best I've had to date. I also had fried seafood. That was the only disappointment. While the breading tasted great, it was not well-drained and there was a pool of oil on my plate under the seafood. I'd definitely go back again though, and try something else with the chowder!

Reviewed 14 March 2015 via mobile

Fish and chip dinner was pretty good. Fish could be English of beer battered. Cole slaw was not fresh and made with purple cabbage that wasn't very eye pleasing. Waitress was pleasant but busy Friday evening a bit slow. Price a bit high but serving size was large also. Big open dining area a bit noisy.

Reviewed 4 March 2015 via mobile

I went on their website and saw unlimited clamcakes and chowder for $7.95 but when we paid it was $9.50. Waitress never checked up on us and never even asked if we needed anything else before bringing the check. Too bad we wanted dessert!!

Reviewed 14 February 2015

This is our favorite place for chowder and clam cakes. Three varieties of chowder to pick from. Very good service and friendly atmosphere. The dining room is small so get there early on Friday evenings. Good variety of specials.

Reviewed 30 October 2014 via mobile

A local friend brought me here for dinner. Yum yum. Every was great, burger was cooked perfectly. Steak fries with Barbecue spice was great. Salads were great. Will come again when back in area.

2  Thank DebbieZ55