See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2018

I wrote the owner to make her aware of my difficulties with the property. While there's no way to control what people do, I did ask that she make it less desirable for people to hang out outside the rooms. Here's what happened:

Around 12:30 am, a group of people, possibly guests, pulled up chairs just outside our door, under the window, and started socializing. This woke me up and, after 10 minutes, I opened the door, told them I could hear every word they were saying and asked them to move inside. They moved, but only a little further down the very short porch and continued talking until nearly 2 am. I think that if the outdoor lights, which were very bright, had gone off earlier in the night, people wouldn't have stayed camped out, Additionally, the outdoor lights lit up the room, which also made sleeping more challenging.

As it was, I moved from the small bed (my mother had the king) and ended up sleeping on the floor on the far side of the king bed just to get away from the noise and the light. It was a rough night.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Our room and bathroom were clean and well appointed with good lighting, t.v. etc. However the easy chair was broken, the carpet stained and the room was damp. A decent place to stay but definitely hugely over priced.

Room tip: The online photos do not seem to represent the room we had. Be sure to verify at check-in that you are getting the room you want.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet P
Reviewed 30 December 2017

My wife and I enjoyed the perfect anniversary celebration at the Fife and Drum. Our room was cozy and clean, making our stay so relaxing, and our dinner at the restaurant featured delicious and elegantly prepared dishes and the perfect atmosphere. We were seated by the fire and treated with loving care by the staff. We found out later that one of the employees, Dylan, had gone above and beyond by helping our children secretly arrange to pay for our meal all the way from California.

Room tip: Every room provides a great starting point for a convenient stroll through the wonderful village shops!
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

It’s leaf peeper season and many people are out to see fall foliage. We called ahead to see if there was a wait, because many other restaurants in Kent were closed on Columbus Day, and found that there was plenty of room.

We ordered and were not disappointed except for the lobster roll. It was basically lobster salad with added fillers like celery with no mention of this on the menu. Additionally, the menu was on one sheet of paper-limiting you to just a few selections.

Service was good but some of the decor was dated and needed dusting. We may be back but you can’t compare it to Kingsley Tavern-right down the road, whose food is always surpurb!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2017

We went to Kent to visit family and and were given an opportunity to stay at the Fife n' Drum Inn for almost a week. We met the family that own the Inn and Restaurant. They made us feel very welcome all through our stay, The room was large and had everything to make our stay comfortable. All through the week we had our little room fairies that magically made everything reappear like Coffee and towels. We really enjoyed just having to walk across the parking lot to have a good meal. Another thing that was great was the location. You are right in the middle of everything. I almost forgot to mention that the bed was really comfortable, I usually don't sleep well away from home so that was a pleasant surprise. If we go back to Kent we know where we are staying!!!!

Date of stay: August 2017