“The worst travel experience stay at a hotel...”
Review of Super 8 Hartford

Super 8 Hartford
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Dirty bathroom
Halfway house for the needy
No breakfast, it was like pouring your own coffee at the grocery store, no toast, eggs, etc.
I asked for a king size bed got a queen size.
No cable TV, just local channels.
Police were called about an incident.
Only one outlet in the room, we had to unplug the standing lamp.
My friend got ill. I asked if I could pay to extend the stay until he feels better, the clerk said we had to go.

Room Tip: Don't book here!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group
Kalpesh P, Manager at Super 8 Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear Guest
Good Morning, I hope you are well ,
Thank you for your letter expressing the problems you encountered during your stay at the BRAND of Super 8. We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. At BRAND, we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 19 August 2016

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Man, this place went WAYYYYYYY down hill in one year.
Been staying here for a few years now for DMB at Xfinity and it used to be all right. Not great but acceptable.

THIS YEAR WAS MUCH DIFFERENT.

Walked into the room and there was a towel hanger broken from the wall and on the floor of the bathroom. Fine, whatever but then I enter the living space to find a dirty sock scrunched up right in the chair. Finally, the bathroom lights. When I came into the room I thought it was funny the bathroom light and fan were both on. A few minutes later I found out why! After shutting the switch off, I couldn't get them back on. It took several on/offs for the lights to come back on.

LOL. Too bad because it was incredibly convenient but I won't return.

One positive - Staff was friendly.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo

Good Afternoon, I hope you are well ,

Reviewed 3 August 2016

At $ 56 + tax, we weren't expecting the Ritz, and as we entered the area, we were certain it was not! No place to walk after dark, just spend the night and leave. Room was OK, nothing outrageously horrible to complain about, so no comments there.
Would stay again if the price is right.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple