“Hide the women and the children”
Review of Super 8 Hartford

Super 8 Hartford
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
Reviewed 5 July 2016

Stayed here after a show at the xfinity theatre, since it was only for a night I didn't think it would be a big deal and figured the hotel would be a party anyway.

Pros:
- it was well within walking distance of the theatre.

Cons:
- no locks on the windows (we were on the first floor)
- Pimps and their ladies hanging out outside
- pretty bad neighborhood.

I didn't feel safe leaving our valuables in the room, as I was about to take our things out ot the car to lock them up a knock came on my door. Thinking it was my wife I quickly opened the door, but it was not my wife, oh no. There was a gentleman in his 50's in a powered wheelchair just hanging outside my door. Not sure what he wanted exactly, but I told him no thank you. We lock up our valuables in the car and were on our way.

We return from the show and are hanging out a bit before bed when suddenly the lights click off in our room, and again as we sat there in the pitch black the knock comes on our door again. I yelled for the knocker to go away and about 30 seconds later the power was restored to our room. Easily one of the most frightening hotel experiences I've ever had. I'm not sure if we were going to be offered a lady of the evening or robbed, but whatever is going on in this hotel I can promise you is criminal.

Please, do not bring your children to this place and if I was staying alone (man or women) I would give staying here serious reconsideration.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank macdiesel
Kalpesh P, Manager at Super 8 Hartford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Good Afternoon, I hope you are well ,
Thank you for your letter expressing the problems you encountered during your stay at the BRAND of Super 8. We sincerely apologize for the substandard condition of your room. At BRAND, we take great pride in our high standards of cleanliness. Unfortunately, you experienced a time when we obviously did not meet those standards. My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 2 July 2016

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 June 2016

This joint was the worst! We were taking an extended road trip around the US and stayed at (at least) 12 Super 's 8s, Days Inns and other Wyndham properties. When we arrived, there was nobody at the desk. I waited about 15 min. and finally someone appeared. I told him how long I had waited . He did not apologize. He just looked at me with steely eyes and no smile and said, "What can I do for you. sir." Not a very good intro. The room was sort okay, but nothing to write home about. Yet the worst part was the filthy breakfast room. If you arrived to eat some cereal after about 7:30 am, you found the tables dirty with spilt milk and coffee, counters likewise.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 June 2016

We got there and the concierge said I was booked for two rooms even though I had a confirmation email stating I only booked 1 room. I had to fight with the man so I didnt get charged for both rooms. They only provided us with one parking pass and charged us $30 to park our other car in the lot attached to the motel. The employees were extremely rude and the room was filthy. There were stains on the towels, dirty hand prints on the wall and the carpet was disgusting.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

I don't recommend!

The room was dirty, the air conditioner was very unclean. It also had bed smell in the lobby.

I had to change my room because the shower does not work.

The other room was very bad it was a bad smell. So, I have to go to the third room.

The breakfast place was sort of dirty and ugly.

I will never return to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
1.5 km away
2.5 km away
Red Roof PLUS+ Hartford Downtown
2.3 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Super 8 Hartford? Share your experiences!