“Horrible service!!!!”

La Casona
Ranked #233 of 444 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Argentinian, Colombian, Latin, Peruvian, Puerto Rican
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Absolutely the WORST place to go in CT! The staff behind the bar is extremely rude, apathetic and very careless when following health rules! Handling money, then touching the insides of customers cups, handing out water bottles that are already opened and missing water, eating food behind the bar with their fingers then mixing drinks- just pathetic. Waited 15 minutes to get a Absolutely the WORST place to go in CT! The staff behind the bar is extremely rude, apathetic and very careless when following health rules! Handling money, then touching the insides of customers cups, charging $3 for water bottles that are already opened and missing water, eating food behind the bar with their fingers then mixing drinks- just pathetic. Waited 15 minutes to get a drink. Finally gave up! drink.. Finally gave up!

4  Thank Photomomma88

Reviewed 3 April 2014

The food at Casona is great, and the music that is brought there is truly Hartford's top notch musicians.

however, the owner "Chris", a man who looks like he is from South Asian (Indian) descent, with glasses, is an absolute assho***. He was rude to some friends of mine and my musician friends tell me he underpays them, often just offering $260.00 for a trio of musicians (fair pay would be $125.00 a musician).

He also employs a not very tall white woman with reddish-brown hair as a bartender who is very rude and sometimes over charges people.

Though I love the music, until Casona changes owners and that woman is no longer working there, I will not visit it again. Skip it, folks....

4  Thank FirebrandX
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Went to Casona (as it's now called) with friends and we absolutely loved the food. We each had a dish from a different country -- Colombia, Peru, and Argentina. Each dish was beautifully presented and the food delicious. The restaurant also serves authentic Puerto Rican food. I have only a small complaint -- the music was too loud. I do not like loud music when I'm eating. I like to be relaxed when I'm eating and loud music agitates me. My friends didn't seem to mind even though we had to speak really loud. The music itself is great -- Latin jazz -- and for me would be best enjoyed by the bar with a drink, not while trying to have a relaxed dinner. All in all I highly recommend this restaurant/lounge.

1  Thank Lvngstrng
Reviewed 24 June 2013

WOW! Where do I start? Of all the things I'm just going to focus on one thing the bartenders. First of all, they're must underage and with no customer skills at all whatsoever. When you get to the bar area usually a friendly bartender approches you and offer what you like to drink. Right? NOT AT CASONA!!! The bartender usually looks at you and don't even smile. It could be empty and you still have to call out to them to get some service. The bartenders are to scare of the owner when it comes to pouring the drinks, God forbid they spill a drop too much into your drink!!!! The drinks are WAAAYYY to pricey, a nip of wisky is $9.00 a Beer is $4.00. That's what I like to drink so every round is $13.00. The other night I spent $54.00 in just wisky and couldn't still GET GOOD SERVICE!!! The bartenders treat you as if you're drinking for free. They are rude and have no idea on how to work as a bartender. I don't think they even being trained to do so. The AC is not cool enough. The food is really really bad and too expensive. One time I asked for morfongo with chicken, MOFONGO!!!! is so easy to make. Not for their "chef" and they charge me $18.00. Is too bad we don't have a nice latino place to hangout on the weekends.

2  Thank Maribel R
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Casona has a happening and packed dance floor and bar on weekends. The restaurant, however, is terrible,

The good: the food is edible and waitstaff are eager to please. Hmmmm, sorry, I can't think of anything else positive to say about this establishment.

The bad: The floor is sticky: that's the first thing my friends and I first noticed about the place, and that was a sign of things to come. 2.) The waitstaff speak almost no English, with the result being confusion, misunderstanding, wrong foods being delivered, and some food and drink not being delivered at all. 3.) The music is loud. Super loud. Loud enough to preclude any conversation around a guest table. The music was played far, far, far from the dining area; it should not have been played so loudly. 4.) The service was inefficient. 5.) The food was surprisingly bland and boring for Latino food. 6.) The menu was limited, very limited, and included plantains in at least every other dish. 7.) The menu was surprisingly un-Mexican for a Mexican restaurant. (Where were the beans?). It was also very un-Puerto Rican.

The Verdict: Stay away from this restaurant, unless you're looking only for drinks and dancing. For good quality Latino food, drive down to New Haven's Pacifico, instead.