All reviews evening reception jazz festival capitol building full kitchen breakfast and dinner hartford downtown business trip front desk staff bed was very comfortable xl center convenient location convention center parking kitchenette earplugs ballroom dishwasher
Reviewed 8 February 2016

I used to stay at this hotel five years ago but it'd gotten in such poor condition that I stop staying. I'd heard that the facility had been remodeled, however I found it had not. It appears to be some type of converted dormitory or other facility as the rooms are very oddly shaped. In my room the bathroom was so small the paper holder extended out over the top of the toilet. As was my experience in the past the furnishings are warned, carpet stained, and the bed is very old and saggy.
The only positive at the facility is their staff is really great and try really hard. The room is very clean, however the wearer patterns in the carpeting are something they can’t clean up.
I think there are much better options, at the same price point, in downtown Hartford including the Hampton Inn, Downtown Hilton, and Marriott.

Room tip: Stay on the lower floors as it takes a long time to get hot water in the morning on the upper floors.
Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ciester W, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2016

Dear safetybobann,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we apologize that you were not please with the condition of your guest suite. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2016

Stayed here for business, as the location was convenient. On the plus side, great to have the afternoon happy hour and breakfast at the hotel. On the minus side, the "non-smoking" room smelled distinctly like smoke. When I checked out the next morning, the desk clerk said I would receive my receipt via email - this never happened. When I called to request the receipt 2 weeks later, the desk clerk, Tasha, put me on hold for 5 solid minutes, and then said I had "an attitude" when she got back on the line to ask what I needed. Really? Unfortunate experience and will avoid staying there again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Ciester W, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2016

Dear Andrea102,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the bad smell during your stay. As well, I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. We understand that travel is very important and try to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. We hope you will consider staying with us In the future.

Reviewed 2 February 2016

walls are paper thin. during my most recent stay, a toddler in the next room pitched a temper tantrum at 3am that lasted until 5. It's sad that I paid for a hotel room and had to go home to get sleep.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Crystal J,

I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed 28 January 2016 via mobile

In town for a business trip, stayed for three nights. The room was spacious with a comfy king sized bed, large screen TV, work space, couch, bathroom w/separate vanity area and a full kitchen. Room was clean, housekeeping was great, hotel was fairly quiet and all the staff were polite, courteous and very helpful. Continental breakfast is included as well as a nightly guest happy hour (a few wines and beers offered complimentary). Parking lot is behind the hotel, $16 a day but convenient and plentiful. Plenty of great spots to eat at within walking distance, many with live music. No restaurant or bar located within the hotel. Would certainly stay again; very satisfied with my experience.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2016

This is a very clean and quiet hotel in the downtown area. There is plenty of parking and even during events the parking staff will take care of your car for you so don't hesitate to stay just because of an event at the XL Center.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Ciester W, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Hartford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Dear Florences,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and thank you for taking the time out to share your experience. We appreciate your business and can't wait to welcome you back home!