“Good Eats!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The only complaint from our party of 3 was it was too much food! My husband and I got the Seafood Imperial with rice as a side. It was delicious! My daughter got the Cajun Shrimp/Penne and she was satisfied as well. All the dishes were loaded with seafood and my daughter was right-the portions were quite generous. The service was great even though it appeared to be a pretty full house. And the bread! How could I forget the bread? Sooo good.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

Met expectations! Clam chowder was wonderful, service was great, and the meal was served with a wonderful crusted bread! Caesar side salad and baked potato were good. We had lobster for the first time and it looked beautiful. We ordered the stufffed lobster.
Bathrooms clean, plenty of parking, and large restaurant.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Great seafood, huge portions and great service. Sydney was our server and was excellent. This was our first time and we will be back.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Everything from that bread to the martinis(plural) to the lobster tail to the clam chowder and then some was delicious. Such a great break for a conference and we enjoyed every bite. I usually bring home some of my meal but not this visit!!!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I've been to the Chowder Pot in Branford quite a few times over the years but first time to this one. They've been consistently very good and so is this one. Parking is spacious and easy to get in and out of, very close to I-91 just south of Hartford.

The atmosphere is nautical of course and somewhat old but the service and food make up for it. Nice portions and excellent seafood, including the haddock, shrimp and scallops that we ordered. They have steak too. Great place to bring a date, a little bit pricey.