“Another great evening at Capital Grille”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 472 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2018

Had a girls night out with family on Saturday nt. Went during Taste of Hartford Week. I had the special menu while others ordered off the regular menu. We ordered a bottle of wine which we really enjoyed. It was a Pinot Noir. One aunt had the beet salad. My mom had the veal porkchop. My other aunt had the bone in filet mignon and I can't remember what the rest had, it was some type of steak and a fish entree. But each of us loved our meals. Our server David was superb. Very knowledgable and gave great advice on the meal selections. Dessert and coffee was also superb. We all left stuffed. Always a great time at the Capital Grille! And the service top notch.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I have been to many Captial Grille restaurants and they all provide the same high quality of service and foods. Hartford CG is closest to home so is my regular "place". Hartford CG provides valet parking which lets you think about dining and not parking. The wait staff are always polite and attentive as you would expect in an upscale restaurant. CG has a digital wine list presented on a Ipad which helps to make the you selection easier. I go there particularly for the steak and would be happy eating only that but the appetizers and sides are to good to pass up.

Finding this location on GPS could be difficult. Some GPS do no recognize the address so check their web site for the alternate "GPS Address."

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We were meeting friends for dinner on Friday night. Things started well with a great table at the bar. We put in our food orders & had just received our drinks and salads when a someone came around the corner with a full tray of drinks. The woman at the table next to ours got up and bumped the waitress’s arm & the whole tray of drinks came down on me. I was soaked (shirt, pants, everything even parts of my hair) The Manager, Nick Santagelo, came over and of course apologized. I went to bathroom hoping they had a dryer so I could dry off, but there were only paper towels. I was cold and did not feel like staying. But Nick went and got me a blow dryer from the Marriott across the street. I was able to blow dry my shirt & pants and actually go back to the table with my friends and husband. I couldn’t eat because I was stressed, so they boxed my food. Nick came over at the end & was very apologetic. I was truly impressed at the lengths he went to in order to try to salvage my night. Of course we will all go back again as the food is phenomenal (I’ll enjoy my steak today for lunch) Nick turned a terrible event into a night we will now never forget. Compliments to Capital Grille & Nick Santagelo.

Reviewed 21 January 2018

Food was excellent, service was second to none. Unfortunately, the price range is for the ultra-rich.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

Went with family for an early dinner before seeing a movie at Front Street Theater. Felt like we had 'junior' chefs preparing our meals. Lobster mac and cheese was too oily; Brussels sprouts a bit over cooked; steak was just ok. As we were finishing our meal, we could hear someone (head chef? Manager?) giving the pre-service pep talk. Given that, I hope things were smoother in the kitchen for customers coming in after us.