“Still the best Indian food!”
Review of Cumin India

Cumin India
Ranked #17 of 172 Restaurants in Hamden
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Fine Indian Cuisine Din in, Take out, Catering, Full Bar, Order Online Serving in Hamden, Connecticut since 2011.
Reviewed 7 December 2016

I've tried a few other Indian restaurants but Cumin India is the best in the New Haven area.

We came in for dinner and once again, were very happy with our food. The portions are good, prices are good and atmosphere is good. Waiters are always polite. We normally would get free desserts but we were not offered this time, which was ok because we were full anyhow and still had enough left to bring home.

I always recommend Cumin India to anyone who tells me they like Indian food. The only thing I would say negative is that the outside of the place needs to be remodeled. It looks like it is not even open from the front. The inside is very nice but the outside needs some sprucing up!

1  Thank vegasbride04

Reviewed 9 November 2016

food wasn t eatable in my opinion i would never go back, place was dirty service slow barely eat anything and left fast

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

I had fried onion appetizer and paneer dish for dinner, really lacked the depth of flavor sand spice. Shared bread basket with friends. In the past we had delicious food but tonight really missed the mark. The papadam tasted like microwaved something. I couldn't eat it.
Service was excellent however. Not sure what happened tonight.

1  Thank Patricia D
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

We used to love this place but we hadn't been here in 3 years. It used to be terrific but now it is average at best. Flavoring and spices are flat. We asked for spicy and the dishes were not spicy at all. The papadam. was like cardboard, the type of papadam that you put in the microwave. Overall disappointing, especially when compared to how great this place used to be. ..

1  Thank Robert L
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

I felt like having Indian food so I decided to stop by Cumin for an early dinner.

After looking at their menu, I chose the goat biryani ($14) with a spice level of 4 of 5.

The dish came about 15 minutes in a large bowl of the rice dish with pieces of goat.

It tasted very good with the right amount of a spicy kick to it. Unfortunately, the goat was not very tender with almost half inedible with tough gristle and bones.

Maybe a different dish would have been a better choice.