“A Ribeye Cooked to Perfection”
Review of Octagon

Octagon
Reserve with OpenTable
Octagon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 121 Restaurants in Groton
Price range: US$50 - US$70
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located just outside Mystic, CT, Octagon prides itself on offering the finest steaks and freshest seafood everyday. Our menu changes seasonally and celebrates local ingredients harvested right here in our beautiful state of Connecticut. To our pleasure, our guests are travelers from around the globe and neighborhood locals. From our open grill and wine cellar to our one of a kind artwork and glass sculptures, we truly believe dining should be an experience, not just a meal.
Reviewed 4 January 2016

If you are a steak lover like me, you will savor and remember the Octagon at the Mystic Marriott Hotel and Spa in Groton, CT. Exit 88 on I-95 North. My favorite since 2001 is the Octagon Ribeye. It's dry rubbed, grilled and cooked to your liking. Juicy and flavorable.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

Octagon is located inside the Mystic Marriott Hotel and Spa. It has a nice menu and is a go to place for locals to meet for drinks. The bar area is smaller but decent for a hotel and the dining room is good size. Prices are average and the food was very good.

Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

They have great steak for dinner but what I prefer is the breakfast buffet.

We always take it brunch so our next meal is early dinner.

Reviewed 14 December 2015

Stopped in for dinner as we were staying at the Marriott for the weekend. Nathaniel was our waiter and was great. We shared a bottle of wine from local winery Jonathan Edwards. It was eight Chardonnay and was delicious. We both started with Caesar Salad with anchovies (optional). I had the Stonington scallops with a delicious mushroom risotto. It was my husband's birthday and Nathaniel brought us a complimentary delicious flourless chocolate tart.
My only suggestion would be to clean the scallops a bit better as there was some grit, We also had breakfast there the next morning and the meal was wonderful.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

We were staying at the Mystic Marriott and decided to dine at their restaurant. We had a reservation and arrived a little early and were seated immediately. We sat in a nice 'banquette'. Our server, Jessica was very sweet. I had a surf and turf chowder to start- unusual and very tasty. My husband had a salad which he liked. I wish I could be more positive about the entrees- I ordered the Muscovy Duck- it was ok, not great. My husband had the daily special- flank stead- it was a little tough. The sides were good- my mushrooms were very tasty and my husband's dish came with potatoes and roasted asparagus- both good. The drinks were fine- I did however find the wine pricing to be high. Dinner ran us $145- somewhat expensive. I would come back here though and try other dishes. The place was quite full, leading me to believe that maybe we ordered the wrong entrees. We had the buffet breakfast here the next day and were quite satisfied.

Been to Octagon? Share your experiences!