“LOVE IT!”

Sushi Kawa
Ranked #43 of 123 Restaurants in Groton
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Reviewed 2 October 2016

My family took me out for my birthday and we had a blast! The hibachi cook was very funny and the food and sushi rolls were great.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed 26 March 2016 via mobile

I prefer this place over their competitors in town. The amount of food versus price is great. The service is mediocre, bit it is made up for by the quality.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 26 October 2015

Well I just moved into the neighborhood, and having passed this place numerous times decided to try it out.

Called in a pretty simple order, was told 15 minutes, gave them 20. Stood at the hostess station for 15 minutes and was told "have a seat, kitchen jammed up". Interesting - there was only about 10 people in the place and half of them were
already eating. But they did me a free can of coke for my trouble.

However takeout was quite good so I will try it again.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 4 October 2015

We used to frequent this place a lot when it was the Wokery and we lived right around the corner. After we moved 30 minutes away, we never made it back and the Wokery went out of business. (I'm sure it's unrelated to our moving.) This past weekend we finally tried it again - now Sushi Kawa. I was pleased from the moment we walked in. Even thought it's been 18 years, it was just as nice as I remembered it. Even nicer now! I thought the decor was very appropriate.

We started with wonton soup, miso soup, and seaweed salads. Very good. Then we all ordered sushi. We had the Sushi Deluxe, sweet potato maki rolls, avocado maki rolls, and the "healthy maki rolls".

It was a lovely presentation, and it was very good. The only surprise is that I thought the "healthy" maki rolls would be completely vegetarian. (My bad assumption - I should have asked.) In fact, it came with a vegetable roll, an avocado roll, and a special roll that had fake crab (similar to a california roll, but rolled in seaweed and a rice noodle). It was very good, despite not being vegetarian.

Overall we were very pleased with the atmosphere, the service, and the food. We will definitely not wait 18 years to come back.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 22 August 2015 via mobile

They are truly artists at Sushi Kawa. Each plate was a masterpiece. My nieces and sister-in-law had never been before, but now they are convinced that they will return. The special offer is "buy 2 rolls, get 1 free", so it's a great deal. Oh, and they give you a little piece of cake at the end of your meal!

Date of visit: August 2015

Been to Sushi Kawa? Share your experiences!