All reviews high tech bathroom mirror boutique hotel heated toilet parking lot the toilet seat cool hotel electronic toilet modern amenities continental breakfast restaurant staff flat screen upon check coffee maker yogurt blinds bidet
Reviewed 14 September 2018

The rooms were beautiful. Lots of space in the room and two queen sized beds. It took a little while for me to figure out all the electronics. The most interesting features were the wall mirrors both in the main room and in the bathroom, had HD television screens in the mirror. You could do your morning routine putting on makeup or shaving while watching tv in the mirror. The shower was phenonomenal. The rain shower and the wand hand held were very high pressure and felt very luxurious. The toilet was one of the greatest features. The lid opens and shuts automatically when you approach, it cleans after each flush, and it is a built in bidet with warm jets to clean after your business. If that is not enough, the toilet seat is heated so when you go in the middle of the night, it keeps you buns warm. All the lights, drapes, etc, are controlled by buttons next to your bed. Excellent panel on the desk for all your electronic needs. It was very high end yet reasonable in price. Located close to all the restaurants and shops in the Village.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
SteveW5419, Director of Operations at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Dear Sharon C,

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations at the J House! We pride ourselves on technology that enhances our guests' experience, so I am happy to know that you were pleased with your room's advanced features. Thank you very much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

What a cool hotel. Great interior design, posh, polite staff, techy toilets, nice poolside cabanas, but lookout for ants and parking fees! We didn’t see the ants until daylight was pouring in the window the morning after check in, once we lifted the automated privacy/blackout shades. They were tiny, and the same color as the furniture, but they were all over the desk and top of the air conditioning unit. There was no food there attracting them. So gross. Hoping no ants came with us when we checked out. We notified the front desk and they offered to come to the room, but that was it. When I asked again at check out, the front desk lady blankly said, “Sorry. I’ll notify housekeeping.” Sounded from her response like it’s not the first time she heard this complaint.
The hotel also slips a $20 parking fee in your bill, in a suburban setting with no lack of parking, or notification that you are paying by when pulling in their lot.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Steve W, Director of Operations at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Dear Megan M,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. I am very sorry to hear about this extremely unusual situation with ants in your room. This is definitely not a normal occurrence by any means and I apologize for such an unfortunate circumstance. My engineering team will certainly conduct a thorough investigation into this matter. In terms of the parking fee, the hotel does charge $20 for parking, and I am sorry if the front desk did not make this clear to you. The parking fee is disclosed on our website and on all third-party booking websites. All things considered, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel's atmosphere and amenities. Thank you for staying with us, and my apologies once again.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

I would highly recommend a visit to the J house for their happy hour, they have a nicely hidden indoor/outdoor bar setting. Specials were great especially the oysters. I was visiting my sister in the area and we found ourselves swinging by three times for their happy hour. If you happen to be in the area, check it out.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Samhp77
Steve W, Director of Operations at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Samhp77,

Thank you so much for visiting us at the J House! I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the happy hour at the restaurant and we hope you will come back and see us again!.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Ambiance, Location, and Food was amazing over all. Every little detail was organized an planned out. Very well put together. We had small children, and everyone had done their best to entertain them. Which was greatly appreciated. The only thing I noticed was the silverware was not wiped so it showed the water marks. All the pieces of a well organized restaurant, except for that key aspect. Great job, very happy overall.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shortbutsweet03
Steve W, Director of Operations at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Shortbutsweet03,

Thank you so much for visiting the J House Restaurant! I am very glad that you enjoyed the ambience, service and menu offerings. I will certainly share your feedback on the polishing of silverware with the restaurant staff. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for a 5 day strategy planning session and it worked out extremely well.

The meeting room facilities plus food and beverage could not be faulted. Refreshments were regularly topped up and service was quick when we needed an extended HDMI cable.

Bedrooms were spotless and gorgeous with all modern conveniences. From the electric toilet (with seat warmer) to mirrored TV, it was an extremely comfortable experience.

Our team dinner was great and only better with the fast-talking, general knowledge host; I've never experienced anything like this, but he certainly kept us engaged and laughing between courses. During our work time, we could lounge in the outdoor area on the comfy couches, with full Wi-Fi and bar service.

Would highly recommend this hotel and the reception staff were beyond helpful.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MsStush
Steve W, Director of Operations at The J House Greenwich, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear MsStush,

I very much appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback about your stay with us! I am so glad to hear that we were able to successfully facilitate your meeting. Our banquet team and restaurant staff will certainly receive recognition for creating a great experience for you. It is very good to hear that the hotel's accommodations and service exceeded your expectations, as this is what we strive for every day. Thank you so much for choosing the J House and we hope to see you again in the future!