“Large portions and reasonably priced but....”

The Spicy Green Bean
Ranked #8 of 93 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our creative menu is sure to excite your palate. We pride ourselves on our seasonally changing menu selections we refer to as “Kooky Konkoctions”, or, of course you can always create your own. We cater all types of occasions from elaborate full service special events, weddings, parties, corporate meetings, private dinner, backyard picnics to simple delivery drop-offs and everything in between.The Spicy Green Bean, more than anything else, is about great taste and quality food. Variety comes in a close second. You'll be able to return again and again and have something great and different, every time.Our bakery selections are baked fresh daily so each day the selections vary - Stop in and see what we have or call in advance to place a special order. Each day we usually have a varied selection of fresh baked cookies, cupcakes, brownies, bars, cakes, and homemade ice creams!!
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Cute little place with very nice staff.
The portions are large and the prices are reasonable but the food is just okay. The French toast is made with some kind of spice that just wasn't good. I was disappointed. I love good French toast and this was not one of the better versions. The bacon was good and crisp. The green egg sandwich with bacon cheese spinach and mushrooms was tasty and huge. I tried some of my friend's. So I guess it depends on what you order whether you will find this place to your liking or not.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

Some of the food I've had here has been great, some breakfast eggs, a couple of the soups. And the sandwiches are hearty. Sometimes you get a clunker, probably well-intentioned; it seems like a small kitchen trying to get a lot of food out and still be reasonably innovative. I appreciate that.

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

In the month of May I will go to this place with my family. I will give the five star out of 5 because this is a very good hotel so I recommend this hotel to all of you please visit and enjoy.

Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

I come here all the time for lunch and breakfast on the weekends. Lately when I've come they're out of a lot of their appetizers. The buffalo croquettes they were out of twice when I came. Always seems to be at the beginning of the week after a busy weekend. Also, they're out of the Shepards pie egg rolls a lot. Two of my favorite apps. If you're in a rush it's not the place to eat. They bring a decent lunch and breakfast crowd and service is slow. Would have definitely given it a 5 star review if it weren't for the slow service and lack of food prepped.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

I have always wanted to eat here but never did until this summer. We came here in July and August for lunch. It is a small, lively place and was crowded both times. They have outside seating and a couple of tables in the back.

The food is all made to order and very delicious. I had the crab burger the first visit. It came with fries, choice of sweet potato, regular or onion rings. My companions are vegetarians. One had the veggie burger and inhaled it! There are many vegetarian options.

On our recent visit I had the patty melt with sweet potato fries. It was perfectly cooked and very good. My daughter had the Philly cheese steak on a pretzel bun and she loved it. My husband joined us after eating lunch at home and got the Shepard's pie egg rolls appetizer. They were really good!!

I highly recommend this place. Next time I'm coming for breakfast!!