“Excellent food, Excellent service”

The Spicy Green Bean
Ranked #8 of 94 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our creative menu is sure to excite your palate. We pride ourselves on our seasonally changing menu selections we refer to as “Kooky Konkoctions”, or, of course you can always create your own. We cater all types of occasions from elaborate full service special events, weddings, parties, corporate meetings, private dinner, backyard picnics to simple delivery drop-offs and everything in between.The Spicy Green Bean, more than anything else, is about great taste and quality food. Variety comes in a close second. You'll be able to return again and again and have something great and different, every time.Our bakery selections are baked fresh daily so each day the selections vary - Stop in and see what we have or call in advance to place a special order. Each day we usually have a varied selection of fresh baked cookies, cupcakes, brownies, bars, cakes, and homemade ice creams!!
Reviewed 27 July 2016

I had brunch with a friend there and the lady who helped us (She had blonde-ish hair.. I assumed she was the owner) was SOOOOOO NICE. Wow, I wish everyone was this nice. It just made the experience more special. I got the chicken in a biscuit and it was DELICIOUS! I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 12 July 2016

The upset stomach aside, my Husband and I waited to be seated while tables for 4 sat empty. By the time we were seated there were 6 others couples waiting, but those tables still sat empty. Even the staff could be overheard arguing about the seating policy. Then, I left my purse! Yes, totally my fault, I know. They did find it. When I finally got a hold of the owners partner the next day, she said she would be happy to mail it to me as I live over 2 hours away. She also took all my info an promised to text me after she dropped it off at the post office, which she said was right across from the restaurant. I promised to over compensate her financially for it's return and the cost. The next call I get is from the police department, who has my purse now locked in an evidence locker, and will not return it to me by mail. Thanks Caroline and Owner! Great move on your business part. I had medication in there, checkbook, wallet and cards, and now I have no way to go get any of it, because my licence is in there too. Thanks for nothing! I hope that never happens to you when you travel. Never again. Never recommended. That's was not the right thing to do, ever.

2  Thank Gopher0011
Reviewed 10 July 2016

For Glastonbury the food was cheap. The service was very slow!!! If you want alcohol with your mean it is BYOB. The menu has a lot of options for everybody's taste. The grilled veggie wrap that I had was overly spicy and I could not eat it. My boyfriend loved his burger.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

We recently moved to Glastonbury. As foodies we always look for great/ special eating establishments. Since a few people recommended the Spicy Green Bean we decided to give it a try. It's right on a main street ( Hebron Ave. ) and parking can be your first challenge; however, we persevered. We were immediately served coffee and water as well as our menu. This would prove to be the best service of the entire visit! My wife decided on 2 scrambled eggs, sausage and a short stack of pancakes. I chose the "California fun". Eggs Benny with avocado and bacon. IT COMES WITH THEIR VERSION OF HASH BROWNS. While waiting we had our coffee freshened up 3 times ! Yes that is correct. It took 34 minutes for our order to arrive !!!! The menu clearly explains their use of fresh ingredients and every selection being prepared when ordered so your patience is appreciated.BUT...... 34 minutes?? REALLY???? we asked our waiter and coffee person to check on our food but it was 34 minutes before we were served. My Eggs Benny were served deconstructed and as a bonus my wife received her pancakes with toast even though she clearly told the waiter no toast. My food was tasty but nothing special. In fact, the hollandaise sauce was barely visible. Don't get me wrong but, I did expect my Eggs Benny to be properly constructed. The potatoes were very good. A bit salty for my taste but enjoyable for sure. My wife really liked the pancakes and her eggs were just so-so. During our wait we noticed everyone in the restaurant trying to occupy themselves while enduring their wait. We've been to the BEST RESTAURANTS in the northeast, Canada and europe; however, NEVER have we experienced this type of wait time for eggs and pancakes. I ALWAYS give every restaurant a minimum of 2 visits so look for a follow-up in the near future.

1  Thank raunk929
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

This place is fantastic. The food is original and well-made, and the decor is cute without being kitschy. They were willing to swap foods. The wait staff were very friendly; my friends and I sat at our table for a couple of hours and they didn't kick us out.