“Time Is Of The Essence !!!”

The Spicy Green Bean
Ranked #8 of 98 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our creative menu is sure to excite your palate. We pride ourselves on our seasonally changing menu selections we refer to as “Kooky Konkoctions”, or, of course you can always create your own. We cater all types of occasions from elaborate full service special events, weddings, parties, corporate meetings, private dinner, backyard picnics to simple delivery drop-offs and everything in between.The Spicy Green Bean, more than anything else, is about great taste and quality food. Variety comes in a close second. You'll be able to return again and again and have something great and different, every time.Our bakery selections are baked fresh daily so each day the selections vary - Stop in and see what we have or call in advance to place a special order. Each day we usually have a varied selection of fresh baked cookies, cupcakes, brownies, bars, cakes, and homemade ice creams!!
Reviewed 16 June 2016

We recently moved to Glastonbury. As foodies we always look for great/ special eating establishments. Since a few people recommended the Spicy Green Bean we decided to give it a try. It's right on a main street ( Hebron Ave. ) and parking can be your first challenge; however, we persevered. We were immediately served coffee and water as well as our menu. This would prove to be the best service of the entire visit! My wife decided on 2 scrambled eggs, sausage and a short stack of pancakes. I chose the "California fun". Eggs Benny with avocado and bacon. IT COMES WITH THEIR VERSION OF HASH BROWNS. While waiting we had our coffee freshened up 3 times ! Yes that is correct. It took 34 minutes for our order to arrive !!!! The menu clearly explains their use of fresh ingredients and every selection being prepared when ordered so your patience is appreciated.BUT...... 34 minutes?? REALLY???? we asked our waiter and coffee person to check on our food but it was 34 minutes before we were served. My Eggs Benny were served deconstructed and as a bonus my wife received her pancakes with toast even though she clearly told the waiter no toast. My food was tasty but nothing special. In fact, the hollandaise sauce was barely visible. Don't get me wrong but, I did expect my Eggs Benny to be properly constructed. The potatoes were very good. A bit salty for my taste but enjoyable for sure. My wife really liked the pancakes and her eggs were just so-so. During our wait we noticed everyone in the restaurant trying to occupy themselves while enduring their wait. We've been to the BEST RESTAURANTS in the northeast, Canada and europe; however, NEVER have we experienced this type of wait time for eggs and pancakes. I ALWAYS give every restaurant a minimum of 2 visits so look for a follow-up in the near future.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank raunk929

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

This place is fantastic. The food is original and well-made, and the decor is cute without being kitschy. They were willing to swap foods. The wait staff were very friendly; my friends and I sat at our table for a couple of hours and they didn't kick us out.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 12 May 2016

My companions eat there regularly. They knew the servers. I can't objectively say anything about the service. Ours was excellent. Our portions were oversized. One of the three of us finished their order. True, you can have the leftovers packed to take home. My falafel tasted fine. I've had much better. This one was dressed with basic salad ingredients lettuce, a couple slices of tomato...the sauce was not tahini based nor was there any kind of spiciness to it. It was reminiscent of mayo. I think the best thing to say is that it was bland, huge and bland. My companions loved what they had. I would return next time I'm in town. The menu is interesting. I'd try other items.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 27 April 2016

VERY creative menu and specials, very excellent brunch set the Spicy Green Bean apart from other restaurants in town, and elsewhere.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Have eaten here many times & it never disappoints. "Hip" atmosphere & great cooked to order food. Low key & BYOB.
Group of 7 of us at a table in the back near the kitchen was quieter than the main area, perfect for us. Definitely try this restaurant for lunch or dinner.
I had the philly cheese steak off the lunch menu w/crispy onion rings, beer from package store next door, run by a family member of the Spicy Green Bean. Very friendly & accommodating staff at both places. DO NOT skip dessert, our large group shared several delious plates.

Date of visit: April 2016