“Great local gem”

Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our creative menu is sure to excite your palate. We pride ourselves on our seasonally changing menu selections we refer to as “Kooky Konkoctions”, or, of course you can always create your own. We cater all types of occasions from elaborate full service special events, weddings, parties, corporate meetings, private dinner, backyard picnics to simple delivery drop-offs and everything in between.The Spicy Green Bean, more than anything else, is about great taste and quality food. Variety comes in a close second. You'll be able to return again and again and have something great and different, every time.Our bakery selections are baked fresh daily so each day the selections vary - Stop in and see what we have or call in advance to place a special order. Each day we usually have a varied selection of fresh baked cookies, cupcakes, brownies, bars, cakes, and homemade ice creams!!
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

This place is fantastic. The food is original and well-made, and the decor is cute without being kitschy. They were willing to swap foods. The wait staff were very friendly; my friends and I sat at our table for a couple of hours and they didn't kick us out.

Reviewed 12 May 2016

My companions eat there regularly. They knew the servers. I can't objectively say anything about the service. Ours was excellent. Our portions were oversized. One of the three of us finished their order. True, you can have the leftovers packed to take home. My falafel tasted fine. I've had much better. This one was dressed with basic salad ingredients lettuce, a couple slices of tomato...the sauce was not tahini based nor was there any kind of spiciness to it. It was reminiscent of mayo. I think the best thing to say is that it was bland, huge and bland. My companions loved what they had. I would return next time I'm in town. The menu is interesting. I'd try other items.

Reviewed 27 April 2016

VERY creative menu and specials, very excellent brunch set the Spicy Green Bean apart from other restaurants in town, and elsewhere.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

Have eaten here many times & it never disappoints. "Hip" atmosphere & great cooked to order food. Low key & BYOB.
Group of 7 of us at a table in the back near the kitchen was quieter than the main area, perfect for us. Definitely try this restaurant for lunch or dinner.
I had the philly cheese steak off the lunch menu w/crispy onion rings, beer from package store next door, run by a family member of the Spicy Green Bean. Very friendly & accommodating staff at both places. DO NOT skip dessert, our large group shared several delious plates.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

While the service was below average, the staff were extremely friendly, the environment was extremely welcoming, and the food was delicious. I should say during my visit I did not have the appropriate utensils, did not have a napkin, and we had to ask multiple servers for things more than once to get what we needed. That being said, I still give this place four stars because I did not go for top-notch service, I went for great food and they definitely delivered. I had an eggplant sandwich and it was super tasty. If you are looking for excellent food and below average service does not bother you, I recommend checking this place out.