“Average service, excellent food”

The Spicy Green Bean
Ranked #8 of 98 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our creative menu is sure to excite your palate. We pride ourselves on our seasonally changing menu selections we refer to as “Kooky Konkoctions”, or, of course you can always create your own. We cater all types of occasions from elaborate full service special events, weddings, parties, corporate meetings, private dinner, backyard picnics to simple delivery drop-offs and everything in between.The Spicy Green Bean, more than anything else, is about great taste and quality food. Variety comes in a close second. You'll be able to return again and again and have something great and different, every time.Our bakery selections are baked fresh daily so each day the selections vary - Stop in and see what we have or call in advance to place a special order. Each day we usually have a varied selection of fresh baked cookies, cupcakes, brownies, bars, cakes, and homemade ice creams!!
Reviewed 9 April 2016

While the service was below average, the staff were extremely friendly, the environment was extremely welcoming, and the food was delicious. I should say during my visit I did not have the appropriate utensils, did not have a napkin, and we had to ask multiple servers for things more than once to get what we needed. That being said, I still give this place four stars because I did not go for top-notch service, I went for great food and they definitely delivered. I had an eggplant sandwich and it was super tasty. If you are looking for excellent food and below average service does not bother you, I recommend checking this place out.

Reviewed 4 April 2016

Not our first visit and certainly not our last. My Chicken of the Sea sandwich was delicious, nicely prepared warm yet cool ingredients on the grilled sourdough bread. Nicely paired with a my choice of potato salad and coleslaw. My husband choose the eggplant sandwich and was delighted as well, nicely cooked tasty with a side of sweet potato fries. Side note, bring your own wine and enjoy even more. Past choice of the meatloaf with roasted sweet potatoes was wonderful. Looking for that to come back on the menu.

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

Can be a little overcrowded and noisy but the food makes up for it. The food is to die for. If you are in a rush it's better to call ahead.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed 1 April 2016

I love the Spicy Green Bean! I was first introduced to their amazing food through a catered luncheon and have been a huge fan ever since. The food is fresh, the portions just right, service is very nice and the place itself is as colorful and delightful as the food. I highly recommend the "Bean" if you are in town!

Reviewed 1 April 2016

Tried the Mongolian Beef Cheesesteak wrap and found it to be quite satisfying. It had a sriracha teriyaki glaze and I found the wrap to be more sweet than spicy, but still tasty. The caramelized onions worked so well with the beef. This dish comes with two cold sides and I think I picked the wrong ones because the today's creation (which was pasta salad) was gummy and bland while the cole slaw was basic. Maybe a little seasoning wold help. All in all, I am interested in trying more dishes at this place. The ambiance was cute, small, intimate, art work on the walls, I think for sale. Parking could be annoying on a Friday night or other rush hour time, as in front there are only about four spots on busy Hebron Ave, while in back there is a parking lot, but that was almost full as well. Definitely come and check this place out!