“Excellent wines and a lovely dinner”
Review of Bin 228 Gastropub

Bin 228 Gastropub
Ranked #11 of 98 Restaurants in Glastonbury
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Description: The bin is a fun gastropub with great craft cocktails, mocktails, wines and over 15 beers on tap. You can find anything from burgers and panini to octopus carpaccio. Happy hour Monday-Friday and all day Sunday
Reviewed 27 October 2017

There is a wide variety of choices on the menu, from a light snack to a complete dinner. I dislike finding only one or two things on a menu that interest me, but that was not the case here as I had several contenders for my meal choice. We both ordered the salmon, which was cooked exactly as we ordered and served over a delightful salad. It is a bit noisy and the tables are small but, on the other hand, we had a great conversation with the couple at the next table which added to the fun evening.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Cute cafe style pub in Glastonbury. Food and drinks were good. My three cheese melt was not amazing but the ambiance made up for it. My partner’s honey siracha wings were delicious! We also enjoyed the tater tots. I’ll definitely go back but would probably choose a different meal.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Great food, great adult beverages, in a casual, yet tasteful atmosphere! They have live music on the weekends, which makes it even more enjoyable for outdoor dining and drinks.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We met another couple at Bin 228 Gastropub and decided to order 4 dishes from the "For Sharing" part of the menu. I wanted to like this restaurant more than I did because I liked the one in Hartford, CT a lot, and maybe because it was the "sharing" experience that fell flat--I don't know. One thing I do remember is on the down side--the "Artisanal Cheese Plate" had more croutons on which to eat the cheese than the cheese itself, which was kind of skimpy and not really very good. At some point, we'll probably return to do a non-sharing experience. On the strong plus side, they have a good selection of draft beers.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

My wife and I had wanted to try this relatively new establishment in Glastonbury where there is a lot of competition of really good restaurants in the area. We were returning home from a grad party and decided to give it a try. It was kind of late for us, about 8:30, so we decided going in to split something. Place is small, so the sitting area is very tight. Extensive beer menu with lots of choices. I ordered the Porter they had on tab and it was outstanding. We decided to split the chicken with avacado panini sandwich and chose the option of a salad vs fries. The salad was very tasty but the panini sandwich was not very good. Chicken was very dry, lacked any kind of flavor and the bread was over cooked....a perfectly cooked panini bread will have a slight crunch but finish soft. It should not be hard all the way through. Our server was very responsive to our displeasure with our meal and offered us to choose something different. We were not in the mood to start over. We will give this one more try and order something different next time but it does make you wonder how something so simple as a panini sandwich was too difficult to get it done right....dry chicken is the worse, no excuse for that. I hope to write another review with better results.