“Adequate”

Lotus Grill
Ranked #11 of 80 Restaurants in Farmington
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I don't know good people, there's quite a few good reviews, and I love Vietnamese food but came away disappointed.

Yes, the outside is quiet plain, but that adds to the anticipation of finding a great "hole in the wall". Inside was sparten, but clean.

First, the lady serving seemed quite put out by my querying about which of the vegetarian dishes were vegan. It's not the same, and when you have food allergies the difference is often a trip to the hospital.

That settled, I tried the spring rolls and a veggie dish with basil and garlic. Only it was simply veggies in a mild sauce with no taste of basil or garlic.

The price was reasonable, as was the wait, but the food didn't inspire me to return.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

The outside is unprepossessing, to say the least. Inside, it looks like a greasy spoon, only clean - but it's English football on the TV. My boyfriend and I both ordered angel hair noodle dishes - me shrimp and him chicken. The shrimp was perfectly cooked. The fish sauce delicious. If you don't care for tea a perfect beverage is Italian- an ice cold Pomegranate Orange soda from the cooler. For such an upscale area the prices are very low.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I had, oh so high hopes for this restaurant. We either went on a really bad evening (Friday) or people in Farmington are so desperate for a good Vietnamese restaurant they are willing to overlook a lot. When we arrived, two tables were occupied—one already had their food and the other got their food shortly after we arrived. We ordered pretty promptly and waited and waited and waited and waited. After one hour, we considered leaving but kept thinking our food HAS to come out soon. The wait was so long (several patrons came in after we did) that diners at other tables were running out of conversation and looking at each other. The food was okay—I won’t even talk about what we had because the long wait overshadowed any positive feelings I might have had about the food (and they weren’t all that positive anyway). This restaurant doesn’t have the décor going for it either—it is old and a little dingy and crowded with a lot of junk behind the counter and in the kitchen area. To make a long story short, I would never go here again and suggest you go with Plan B on your list.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

No frills; just fresh, tasty food. We had two kinds of pho and both were delicious. We had the place almost to ourselves for a mid-afternoon lunch.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

This small restaurant isn't much to look at on the outside, or even, the inside, but you can't beat the food or the price. The quality of the dishes have stayed consistent over many years. The summer rolls are wonderful. Our daughter loves the house wanton soup. We've tried many main dishes and have never been disappointed. This is a great place to sit and have a quiet conversation and enjoy a great meal.