“Shoreline favorite”

Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Essex
Price range: US$5 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Casual waterfront dining located in the Brewer's Dauntless Shipyard. A bit hard to find but defintely worth the effort. Abby's Place serves American cuisine with a flair, specializing in fresh, locally sourced meats and seafood.
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Abby’s is probably our favorite place on the shoreline for lunch or breakfast. The food is excellent, the staff is friendly and efficient, and the view of the marina and river is great at any time of the year. We have been regulars for many years now, since Abby first opened the restaurant, and have brought numerous friends and our grandkids when they visit. My favorites are Abby’s hash omelette, smoked salmon/bagel platter, and Rueben sandwich. This season my wife has been raving about the Fall soups. The restaurant has a very pleasant and relaxing atmosphere any time of the year.

Abby M, Owner at Abby's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Thank you, Jeff, for your generous review. I appreciate your patronage and the fact that you've supported my business from the get-go! I look forward to seeing you and Sandy soon. - Abby

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying if you are going to a charming New England local eatery and are looking for lightning fast food service, you going to the wrong place! This family run business has a view to die for, easy parking and great menu with a full bar!
The staff are quiet busy, however they are very friendly and attentitive to your needs. The food is well worth the wait and enjoying the view and a great conversation I. The mean time made it perfect.
We had the Brie and ham melt, omg, and the crab salad sandwich, seafood overload.
Moderately price and quality amazing!
If you have some time to enjoy the essence of beautiful Essex this place should be on your list.

Thank you,Tony, for your wonderful review. I am very glad you enjoy the food, staff (that I love!) and understand this isn't a fast food restaurant. I take great pride in the quality of food that I serve. Please let me know if you come back, I'd like to thank you and meet you, too. - Abby

Reviewed 25 October 2017

OMG love love this place. Lunches were wonderful, Soups( chowder and soup of the day) were delicious. You can have a half order if you are not very hungry It was perfect and would love to return. Great location on the Connecticut River....Very casual

Abby M, Owner at Abby's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2017

Thank you for the lovely review! I hope you do make it back here!

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

We checked out the quaint town of Essex for an afternoon and saw Abby's place had lobster rolls. They used to, but no more. The four of had a variety of dishes. All were good but we waited an hour to be seated. Finally pointed to an empty table we saw for quite a while and sat down. Service was fine, food good, way too long a wait when tables are empty!

Abby M, Owner at Abby's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

I'm sorry we didn't have lobster rolls, but we stop making them after mid-October because they are out of season. When we are very busy we inform customers that they will have to wait for a table. We do this because we don't want customers to suffer delayed service once seated. I'm guessing you came on Sunday since that was our busiest day of this past weekend. That being said, I am glad you enjoyed your lunch and service. I appreciate that. I do hope you try my restaurant again.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

This is a little hidden gem in Essex CT - the food was good. with sandwiches and soup and adult beverages. The setting was very nice and the restaurant very clean. The owner came over to see if we were enjoying our food. Very nice staff

I'm very happy you enjoyed yourselves! Thank you for the compliments. I agree, I have very nice staff! :-)

Been to Abby's Place? Share your experiences!