“Excellent steaks and fish”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Buonavita Ristorante
Ranked #34 of 115 Restaurants in Enfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had a birthday dinner compliments of Buona Vita. As usual, the steaks are great. The fish and chips were also very good. They never fail to satisfy. However, they have dropped the Sunday afternoon prime rib dinners rather than raise the price. We were going for the prime rib at least every other week and miss it greatly - best prime rib around. Please bring it back even if the price needs to go up. Please!!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We eat here several times per year. We have never had a bad meal. Our last visit was on Mother's day with the family. The place is always busy, which I take to be a sign of a good restaurant. I always enjoy the prime rib special on Sundays. They rotate menu items, so there is always something new to try.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We dined here on a Sunday night. The restaurant was pretty busy--probably 3/4 full. The sign outside says "Buona Vita Bar & Grille" but it's really a full service restaurant. It's nice inside, and the service was pretty good. They brought us breadsticks (fair) with oil and butter right a way, but they must have been short of waitresses because it took a while to get a drink order in. But still, service was generally good & friendly. For starters, the beef vegetable soup I had and the salad my wife had were both good. For entree, my wife had baked scrod. She thought it was ok. It seemed to me that this piece of fish was just past the end of the time when it should have been served. It had been stored a bit too long. I had the Sunday Night Prime Rib special for $13.99. I ordered it done Medium and it was delivered Rare to Med. Rare. I've almost never sent a meal back, but figured I'd try this time. After sending it back, It came back fairly quickly at Medium--success! But, the prime rib cut was not the best flavor--it was just fair--but not typical prime rib. The mashed potatoes, with some red skin, were very good. Entree prices here are not inexpensive--Ex:$16 for Fish & Chips-- a bit high. Most everything is more than $15 to start, but they give you plenty to eat. Even though it's not far from home, I probably won't go there again for quite a while unless a friend really wants to go there. If I give this restaurant another try, maybe I'll try the Pizza. That should be a better bet than the Prime Rib or the Fish.

1  Thank coastsignal
Reviewed 7 April 2013

You can order it on sundays for 13.99. However it is a little thinner than usual portions. Besides this deal the place is slightly on the high side for the quality offered. What is really good is the breadsticks and parmesan cheese they serve in the beginnig. The service is friendly. My husband really liked his lasagna although it is not authentic italian but rather american style.what we didnt like was that the prime rib was overcooked and dry and not medium rare like i ordered it.they also charched me for the side salad which should be included.the atmosphere is dark and old fashioned and the place needs some renovation.

1  Thank oookitty
Reviewed 17 October 2012

great food service clean and the prime rib deal is amazing. I would recommend this to anyone for any meal . Have tried several different items on the menu very good.

Been to Buonavita Ristorante? Share your experiences!