“Perfect meal!”

il Pomod'Oro Restaurant & Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in East Lyme
Price range: US$13 - US$32
Description: Located in East Lyme amidst one of the most picturesque areas of Southern Connecticut and the Mystic region, il Pomod’Oro Restaurant & Pizzeria beckons Italian food aficionados with an intoxicating selection of dishes sure to tantalize everyone’s appetite. At our charming Italian restaurant, every menu item – from appetizers, soups and salads to specialty pizzas, handmade pasta, calzones, sandwiches, ocean-fresh seafood, entrees and mouth-watering desserts – is lovingly created using only the finest, freshest ingredients and served in a warm, inviting, family-friendly atmosphere that welcomes kids and romantic diners alike. Believe us when we say that Italian lunch and dinner has never been like this, served in a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere and offered on a menu that transcends the ordinary pizzeria approach. We invite you to come experience il Pomod’Oro Restaurant & Pizzeria for yourself, and discover everything you’ve been missing when it comes to premium Italian dining.
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Finally made it over here for dinner. With so many great reviews I had high expectations and was not disappointed. Sat at the bar. Started off with drinks and the bartender filled us in on all the specials for the evening. Hubby had to try the Clam chowder. Perfect thickness and lots of clams. He had the veal parm with spaghetti. So good! I had the house made pappadelle with mushrooms and green peas in a creamy pomodoro sauce. Delish! I couldn't stop eating it! After dinner we shared the vanilla creme brulee which was one of the best that I've ever had. The bartender gave us a complimentary taste of lemincello. Loved it...we would definitely order that as an after dinner cordial. Great knowledgeable service with a smile...and she was busy! The place filled up in the time that we were there. We're not the only ones that appreciate quality, well thought out, well prepared food. We will be back. Would love to try the pizza. It looked amazing!

Petrit M, Owner at il Pomod'Oro Restaurant & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Vicki, thank you for the extremely generous review! It is customers like you that make our restaurant great. Come back again soon and we will be happy to satisfy your appetite...again!

"Vicki is 5 stars in our book" Ciao ~ Petrit

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant experience was excellent. The atmosphere was modern but cozy. The wait staff was very attentive without hovering; I would highly recommend this eatery.

Petrit M, Owner at il Pomod'Oro Restaurant & Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Thank you so much for your recommendation! Don't forget we offer 15% OFF on take-out orders. So, please come back for lunch with us again if you are looking to take-out. Ciao!

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

If you want the best of the best this is the place to go!!! They have thought about everything you could want in a dining experience and executed it with perfection. Thank you Gerta for a 5 star experience.

Thank you for your amazing review. I appreciate your compliments of Gerta and I will pass that feedback on to her. We are lucky to have her. I'm happy you enjoyed your dining experience with us and I hope to see you back soon! ~ Petrit

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

This was our first visit on the recommendation of a family member and this restaurant does not disappoint. From the friendly and knowledgeable staff to the fresh ingredients, you can’t go wrong. This will surely be our go to for pizza and other items when visiting Old Lyme.

Hi John, thank you for your excellent feedback and for awarding us a 5-star review! I am pleased to hear you had a great experience with us for your first visit. Let me know if I can do anything to accommodate your next visit. Ciao!

Reviewed 17 June 2018

Was staying over-night in Niantic and this restaurant was one of several recommended by our B&B. I wasn't necessarily looking for Italian but it had great reviews and a GF menu so decided to give it a try. So glad that we did. This place had great food that both me (GF) and my husband (not GF) could enjoy. Often hard to share appetizers but we were able to start off with the grilled calamari, done to perfection. Very nice size to share. The GF menu included home made ravioli. This is really a treat for anyone GF as usually you are limited to penne for your pasta. I had the butternut squash raviloli, in a peccorino/peppercorn/bacon sauce. Sauce was not heavy with provided just the right amount of savory that blended perfectly with a hint of sweetness from the butternut squash. My husband had the swordfish which came with a roasted/baked tomato that he enjoyed very much. Onto dessert - usually another area where gf folks are limited. Not here. We had the GF cheese cake with homemade berry topping. Overall the food was just amazing. Service was great. Will definitely go back when in this area.

Thank you for your 5-star review and thorough feedback Denise! It means more to us than you know. I am glad you loved the homemade ravioli. We pride ourselves in our in-house pasta preparation. We look forward to having you back again, and again. Ciao!