All reviews chase bank would stay here again great room mini fridge ins desk accommodations ct
Reviewed 27 July 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night. The experience over-all was uninviting. I've been in the hospitality industry for over 6 years and this establishment lacks ambiance, culture and appearance. I usually NEVER write a review unless it's positive, but the only good thing about our experience was each other. It was our anniversary and we just wanted to get away for one night, my boyfriend booked the hotel in advance to surprise me. He inquired with the front desk prior to our stay about what he wanted and the front desk attendant assured him he would get exactly what he was looking for. After dinner we went back to the hotel and upon checking in we realized it was in fact not what we were looking for. Nonetheless we tried to make the best of it because why cry over spilt milk, til I realized after trying to call down to the front desk for a later check out time that neither of the 2 phones in the room worked, the windows were covered in white residue and water markings and the furniture had stains on them. We went downstairs to inquire about the late check out and to see about possibly switching rooms. We waited at least 15 min before a front desk attendant came to the desk to be told a late check out is an extra charge of $30.00 per hour and that none of the phones or wifi in the hotel were working. He did switch our room and our new room was much more inviting. Waking up I decided to call the front desk from my cell phone to double check on the information about late check outs. Maria was very helpful and assisted us in checking out a little later and told us there was no fee for a late check out time. I got up to start my day and take a shower when i noticed the water pressure was extremely low and the shower head had a slow drip barely releasing any water no matter which setting the shower head was turned to. After checking out we were informed that there was gonna be an additional $400.00 charge put onto my boyfriend's credit card for "damages" to the first room we were put in. I was taken back because we barely spent anytime in that room. I called to speak with a manager on duty twice and both times I was told one wasn't available and they would have her get back to me as soon as she was in. Days passed and I never heard back. We then noticed a $200.00 pending charge on his card in addition to the charge of the room. I emailed the GM Kaitlyn and still never received a response. Very disappointing, being in the industry you expect a certain ambiance and especially a certain expectation of cleanliness and upkeep. I always only leave good reviews, if the experience is bad I just keep it moving regardless the circumstance however I've been continuously ignored by management about my concerns of being overcharged and falsely accused. Still waiting to hear back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jacquelinerose128
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

The staff was very nice and tried to be accommodating but unfortunately the A/C in the room didn’t work, it was extremely hot and a leak on the ceiling outside the bathroom. I feel awful to give this review as we only stayed for 2 hours.
The housekeeping lady brought us towels in a black garbage bag, and was in a rush as she had clocked out already. Why would she be send to our room? The hotel did have a cigarette scent in my opinion not a place to be there with kids maybe for just adults.
I did visit the property prior to our stay and did Express my observation of the reviews as I was inform that those are older reviews it makes me sad to say this but if It was me I would make sure everything would be as smooth as possible definitely inspect the room prior, since obviously I am big on reviews good or bad.
I was given the option to change rooms but at that time I just wanted to just take my 4 kids out of the hotel. They didn’t charge us for the 2 hour stay at least and I was pointed to a gentleman that had repeatedly stay there and apparently happy hopefully he does a review to help the hotel ratings.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Checked in for two nights due to tornado disaster and no power in our town
we had a mini dachshund and needed a room for two. They were able to serve our needs. Room was large and clean. Room had mini refrigerator microwave and coffee maker. king bed and pull out sofa
Clean and quiet

Room Tip: we were on the top floor; good for small dogs - however dogs cannot be left alone in room
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank catlover92560
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a last minute place to stay on our way home from Florida to NH - a 3 day trip, now turned into 4 because of the Easter weekend, Spring break travel and snowbirds heading home. We found this wonderful hotel and restaurant in Danbury, CT. Words cannot describe how warmly we were received by the hotel staff. The restaurant which is attached was equally fantastic. The shrimp cocktail, garden salad and veggie pizza were one of the best we have ever had, and I don’t rave about many. If you are looking for a great place to stay enroute or anywhere in between, you should stop here. Plus, at the end of the drive, the King size bed is SO compfy. Thank you Mary Catherine and Tom at the bar!
Chris

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2018

I am staying at the hotel and I have a seminar booked here, as well, with ten attendees scheduled in a meeting room. This is my fifth hotel stay this week. I have a lot of experience with hotels.

This hotel front desk clerk takes customer service to an extreme low point. His attitude was dismissive and confrontational. I will contact my company; save yourself the experience and find a reputable, friendly hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business