“Amazing holiday dinner”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We thought we were approaching a posh English hotel when we pulled into the drive but as you enter you’re transported somewhere else. The food was amazing, wonderful flavours and looks beautiful on the plate. If you like Indian food you’ll love this. Compliments to the chef.

1  Thank Bev-the-Rev

Reviewed 27 May 2018

I recently went with my family 14 of us we chose from the menu beforehand everything was spot on service was excellent and so was the food only one gripe is 3 pounds for a bottle of water we have been there on many occasions and have never been disappointed

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Went for a meal here during a stay at Alton Towers and the place can get busy! Especially if there is a JCB event going on. I would recommend finding out beforehand if there is an event going on because if you are wanting a nice quiet meal you will not get that with the event going on. No fault of the owners but it will be noisy and the bar area will be busy. This would also mean potential longer times getting seated and served. They also had a lot of take out orders so must be popular in the area!

The food. The only thing I have to say about the food is that it was missing the kick! Was flavoured well and portions were plentiful just missing that chilli/spicy kick to it. Don't think you would have any issues with any of the dishes on the menu. We had a large selection and all were good.

The staff were great. Polite and tried to make the situation as pleasant as possible. The chef and family came out and talked to us which is refreshing. They accommodated us with our requests.

Would definitely not hesitate coming here again if I am in the area.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank TheMysteriousOne
Reviewed 16 May 2018

I'd been meaning to try Thornbury Hall for years and I wasn't disappointed. It's a beautiful, cosy building set in picturesque gardens. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. Will definitely be going again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Very impressive from the outside and attractive decor inside. The service was very poor and slow. We ordered pre-dinner G&T specifying 2 slimline tonic & one ordinary tonic. we were shown Schweppes bottles. when the drinks arrived there were no tonic bottles, someone had decided that we were not allowed decide how much tonic to add to our gin. The tonic was flat. We asked for the wine list and were told that it was out of date and that there might be same quality substitutions. I requested a Rioja Crianza from the list and was offered a ghastly cheap Rioja for the same price. I declined and tried for a different wine from the list. Again I was offered a substitute which I reluctantly accepted. The whole exercise seemed like a con to me - offering cheap substitutes at the price of more expensive wine must have been a deliberate policy. Printing an accurate wine list is hardly a major job. The food was acceptable, not exceptional, but waiters insisted on serving up every dish to the person who ordered it rather than allowing us to share as is usual in Indian restaurants. They have a lot to learn.

Date of visit: March 2018