“Highest Quality Food in the Area!”

Viron Rondo Osteria
Ranked #2 of 53 Restaurants in Cheshire
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2018

How lucky are we that we have such an exceptional restaurant in our backyard. Viron Rondo Osteria has my partner and I asking - why cook? Yes it's often busy and noisy, but that's part of its appeal - wonderful energy. If you want a quieter experience, come later at night and grab a table in the bar area.

The food quality and consistency is far superior to any other restaurant in the area. Viron's chef is particularly talented at fish - so order anything on the menu. The pasta is fresh and perfectly cooked. I'm not a meat eater, but anyone we've dined with who has had a steak has raved! Cocktails are wonderful and the bartenders make sure you are happy with your drinks. Menu is always changing seasonally.

Some popular must haves - Mother's Chips, Penne al Forno, and don't forget the Tiramisu!

What goes beyond the food is Viron's hospitality. He's a gracious host and friend. Dine more than once and he'll recognize you and welcome you back. If you ever have an issue, Viron makes it right immediately. My partner and I lost power in our home the other night, and Viron reopened the kitchen to make us dinner! How many other restaurant owners would do that?

Although we are fortunate to have Viron's restaurant in our town, it's worth a trip! Take a drive to Viron Rondo Osteria, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Great local restaurant
Viron and staff were really great!!
Service was excellent!
Menu with lots to enjoy!
Calamari was outstanding
The wine list had a little bit of everything to offer and the prices were very reasonable!
Looks like locals love this place and see why
Worth the visit!!
Enjoy

Reviewed 14 January 2018

My husband & I had a wonderful experience! The food was fantastic & the waitress Kristen was awesome. We also meet the owner Viron. He personally greets many of the patrons. He was appreciative that we drove from Branford to visit his restaurant. We will be going back soon.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

7 PM Saturday night…dinner…this joint was jumping! We were seated in the bar section. It was fun and loud and we didn’t mind one bit. The crowd and noise thinned out at 8:15-8:30. The cocktails were good and service was succinct. I had the Octopus appetizer and found it world class! Best Octopus I’ve had anywhere in the US. Dinner was a spiced seafood dish called “Cacciucco”. Get it; you won’t be disappointed! This is a stand up place! Go later, (after 8:15), if you need a little audible intimacy.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

I have written about Viron Rondo's Osteria... I am compelled to write again.
This is consistently good no matter when we go. The food is always quality and cooked well. Many servers are also great. Tonight, Alysia was our server. She is so attentive and friendly. Always does a great job. Our meals... eggplant parm is always delicious. The half roasted chicken is excellent. We love watching the pizza man does his thing. We enjoy the show! Mr. Rondos is such an attentive and genial host. We are so grateful for his complimentary dessert. We are regular customers who will continue to visit again and again and tell people how much we love it here!