“fresh and inexpensive”

Chaves Bakery & Deli
Ranked #114 of 377 Restaurants in Bridgeport
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 5 May 2016

I was thrilled to have Chaves move a satilitte shop close to me. Their breads and rolls are so fresh and deliciious. Delicious pastries also filled the cases. They have a full Boars Head line of deli meats with sandwiches to eat it or take away. Weekends are best because they make an awesome Pecan Danish roll. Worth the trip!

Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

I always stopped for a quick coffee and egg sandwich on a Portugese roll.
But lately I've started eating lunch here too. They offer a large selection of sandwiches and grinders.
Their Rueben is the best!
They also have a nice selection of Boars Head cold cuts.
The newest Chaves bakery on Rt. 1 in Fairfield has exceptional people and great cakes for parties or any occasion. They can make cakes to order or grab one out of the display case. Bring home a fresh loaf of Portuguese bread. They will slice it if you prefer.
They also have pies, coffee cakes, donuts, and their specialty- pastries made on the premises. I love the 7 layer cake slices and a devilishly good "chocolate bomb".
Stop here and you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

Always stop in here when I am in the area. Have to try the rolls, I even pick some up and brought them on vacation with us. My only issue would be service is slow but very friendly.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

My family and I love all the foods from the Patage de nata to the rissois and more. The staff are all very courteous and friendly. Expect long lines from time to time but that's because its that good in my opinion. My Portuguese mother in law would be proud that I am continuing to share some great traditional foods with my kids and this bakery definitely helps me do just that. I would highly recommend them to all.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I went to the bakery for an EGG SANDWICH. It was Sunday of the Labor Day weekend. There were approximately 7 people in line at the counter. It took 20 MINUTES to get an egg sandwich.
I asked to see the manager and was told they were not working. NOT WORKING??? No wonder
the help was slacking. I spent 20 minutes of my lunch break standing in line. Please check other
reviews sites for candor.