“MY FAVE Polish restaurant!!!!”
Review of Baltic Restaurant

Baltic Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Berlin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I love love love this place! My #1 item that I really enjoy eating is the Bigos (Hunter's stew)! Where do I start? We came here at the advice of a friend about 3 years ago. We first came for Mother's day (and I'm Italian, but my husband is Polish and I love authentic ethnic food). I also enjoy experiencing other cultures. On a Sunday they have a brunch where you can eat a little bit of everything. We were told at this week's visit that they only put the brunch together if they know a lot of people are coming and will enjoy it because they do not want to waste food. So, the first time we came with about 8 people for Mom's day and it was outstanding. Since then we have been in for lunch and several dinners. The food is fresh and the fried items are a good fry...not super oily at all! I love to eat everything so we usually get a few of the sampler platters and we share...so recently, we had stuffed cabbage-they make the BEST! It just melts in your mouth and has FAB flavor! keilbasa with saurkraut, pierogi-I love them all (only the meat ones I'm not too crazy about, but my hubby and daughter liked them). I tried a sweet cream crepe this time and loved it, fried apple fritters-these were good and tasty, but the only complaint-too much dough and needs more apples inside. We also tried the pickle soup for the first time-WOW! It was fantastic! I quickly looked up a recipe and I really want to try to make that at home! I'd definitely order the pickle soup again-you won't believe the taste and it's not what you're thinking! But this will be difficult because I usually order a special and then get a side of BIGOS (Hunter's Stew) because that is my absolute fave! and not it will be hard to decide-which to get-pickle soup or bigos, so if there are 2 of you get a cup a pickle soup and then order a side of bigos with your SPECIAL! One of our daughters got the pasta with chicken-parmigiana style-Yes, I know in a Polish place, but she is 9 and picky and it was fantastic! Her salad that came with the main entree was a good sized salad! I have also had their potato pancakes and boy are those filling! I also should say that their restaurant is very clean and the service is great! Luckily, we have always had wonderful friendly servers who really tend well to our needs. I enjoy the decorations inside as well. It's really a nice place to go. The last time we were there, there was a family celebrating someone's birthday and my kids got to hear Happy Birthday in Polish! What a great experience for them! We had fun listening to them and on Mother's Day there is usually someone there playing the piano! I can't say enjoy wonderful things about this restaurant. The only real complaint that I have is....I wish they were closer to my home! (We live about 20-25 minutes away, but it is worth the drive!) (There is no kids' menu, but look at it as getting 2-3 meals out of one meal for your child! and besides...who doesn't like leftovers?!)

1  Thank Paulabina

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Oh my gosh, so much food!! This is a great restaurant that has coupons and Groupons enticing you to try their delicious food. Well we finally got the chance on Saturday afternoon for lunch but weekends are the full dinner menu which turned out just fine. I brought my mom to have some polish specialties. We had combination platters with a bit of everything and and it was delicious. We also brought home a tremendous amount of food. This restaurant is also a banquet facility, another room was set up for a wedding and looked beautiful. Looks like a great value for the lunch menu also M-F. Oh did I mention the house made dense bread is delicious also! Staff was friendly and helpful too!!

1  Thank Cindy H
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

We’re repeat customers and love coming here. The restaurant is beautiful, the food is awesome, and the staff is always friendly and courteous. I usually get the golapki (stuffed cabbage) with potato pancakes and mixed veggies. I’ve never had a bad meal here and will keep coming back.

1  Thank sftblleco13
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

The menu included Polish, German, Hungarian, Austrian, and Italian specialties. We dined with another couple. We all enjoyed our meals. The only complaint was that many of the Polish items were fried; make sure to ask if you prefer some other method of preparation. The servers were polite, but aren't attentive, and if you need more water, you'll have to ask for it, and they don't clear the clutter of empty glasses, etc. until it's time to pay the bill.

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 14 September 2017

Service was good The restaurant was pleasant The food was okay .Nothing special easily beat by any of the Polish restaurants on Broad Street in New Britain .Maybe I'm spoiled but even the small little delis on Broad Street have better food .Hey if your in Berlin or Meriden and looking for Polish food and don't want to travel far then go for it It's okay you'll like it .

1  Thank Dennis C