Moffat Tunnel West Portal
Review Highlights
Nice touch for Winter Park

The Moffat Tunnel adds a unique touch to your stay at Winter Park. Fun to have trains come... read more

Reviewed 21 September 2018
Ken Q
Denver, United States
Very pretty area

We went to the Winter Park Resort to explore and stumbled across the Moffat Tunnel. I pulled up the... read more

Reviewed 22 June 2018
Robin G
Wisconsin

All reviews coal trains few hours shops and restaurants historic history denver fascinated winter park snow
Reviewed 21 March 2017

This is an interesting historic site, and its fun to see the train pop out if you are there at the right time. You can look it up online and read about how it got here. It truly was an engineering marvel for its time.
If you are able, take the train up from Denver. Its goes through some gorgeous mountain scenery, and is an enjoyable trip. Check the schedule-it doesn't run all the time.

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank Janet F
Reviewed 17 March 2017

If you are out and about in Winter Park check out the Moffat Tunnel, we came upon it my accident while looking for somewhere to go, it was nice to see, we walked around for awhile and there were even some trains on the tracks when we got there. So it is a must see if you are visiting.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank ttalley98
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

The Moffat Tunnel has a great story and is interesting to go up to the entrance and see. You can walk right up to it from The Village at Winter Park.

Date of experience: February 2017
2  Thank Leann S
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Wonderful ride up from Denver. The "hosts", conductors, everyone were incredibly . The moffet tunnel is the end of the line, and Ta da there you are in the middle of everything, snow, skiers, shops and restaurants.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Over the years, I have stopped here several times. This year, I actually knew there was a train coming. I had a very hard time accessing the west portal, not even sure if I was supposed to be where I was to photograph a train. I know I wasn't on railroad property, but wasn't sure if it was public property either (it use to be). Anyway, I saw what I wanted to see, photographed it and left quickly. Not many trains operate on this line daily, so catching something is a pot of gold for a traveler, especially for a train-buff.

Date of experience: September 2016