All reviews indoor pool and hot tubs laundry room front door ski lockers timeshare pans amenities br unit mountains snow park winter bedding fireplace
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I booked online through the Silverado II web site. I specifically remember reserving an updated room with a king size bed in a building close to my daughter-in-laws time share unit. The reservation confirmation I received in email had no details of the unit we reserved. When we arrived, we were in a different building, with a queen size bed and a very outdated unit. After our first full day of skiing we came back to discover that the over stuffed recliner had been removed and replaced with a small stuffed chair. When I asked the front desk about this they said the recliner was broken and needed repairs. We received no notification from them they would be in the unit in our absence or a note after they had removed the recliner. All attempts to talk to management were met with silence.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

The condos are dated with many issues of normal wear and tare. Some of the floors are not level. The walls are thin. The beds were old and uncomfortable queen bed was the type where you roll to the middle. The twin beds were hard as a rock. There was a sleeper sofa with a foam topper, which made this bed more comfortable. All the pillows were flat.
The great thing about the condo was it was warm, it had thermostats in every room and heat lamps in the restrooms. The water was hot and great water pressure another plus. The place was clean, there was plenty of cooking pots and pans. There was plenty of dishes and a dishwasher. The views were beautiful, our condo looked out on to a field of white snow and a playground. There was an indoor pool and 2 hot tubs in the front by the check-in area. They did not have any views or privacy because of where they were located. There was no restaurant. There was a bus stop for a shuttle to Winter Park was right outside the front door, which was nice.
They had covered garage parking which was another great plus if you are renting a car. This kept our truck out of the snow and there was was an entrance from the lobby. They also had lockers for your ski equipment.
There was no free breakfast or even coffee. They had ice machine and vending machines in lobby. They had a laundry room, workout room and a game room. These are also located in the main lobby.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank maxe1lab
Reviewed 22 November 2017

If you want a more peaceful experience than those offered at some of the larger, more popular resorts, this is a great place. The rooms are well maintained, and it certainly has a rustic feel to it. This may appeal to those more interested in the outdoors in general (hikers, hunters, etc.) rather than hardcore skiers as there is no skiing on site. It could use some updates here and there, but the views are great and the rooms are comfy. I would definitely go back.

Date of stay: November 2017
2  Thank Robodoc93
Reviewed 30 August 2017

Upon arriving at this place, after hours, we were surprised by the stairs that we had to lug 4 peoples week worth of luggage up, and groceries. Would have been nice if they just mentioned it in the info. Carried luggage into master room and it reeked, REEKED, of urine. the bed was crumpled and obviously not made. After seeing this we looked around to see if we were in an unclean room....There was a huge smudge of POOP on the toilet, crumbs and change on the pullout, dishes weren't unloaded, coffee basket wasn't stocked and stuff was crumpled in it. We cleaned the bathroom, and probably slept on someone else's sheets. During office hours I called and talked to the housekeeping lady, she said she'd have someone right up to give it a wipe down and investigate the urine smell. No one ever came, no one ever followed up, no one showed any interest....KEEP reading, gets worse. Aired out room ever day, never got better. When getting ready to check out by 10, we were in a hurry to get out and on road, while hubby was making a trip down stairs housekeeping lady asked if she could just pull linens off beds to get them washing. He said yes. She got linens off, then 3 men came in and started changing sheets and cleaning up!!!!!! I was in there with my 2 small children (one was in bathroom with these guys going in and out of the room) we were needing to do walk throughs and finish up and go to the bathrooms ourselves but we had to wait on these guys!!! I could have demanded they left, because THEY didn't have permission to be there, but I was pretty ticked off to be put in that position in the first place!! When we finally were able to leave my husband called to talk to the manager....well, several nice, appropriate messages later no one has bothered to call back. We didn't see much staff there. People came and went out of the side door (it opens to anyone, no key or lock) , sneaking in dogs, and staff just wasn't present. Seemed like no one cared about cleanliness or customer service, but at end of stay, when they were rushing us out, cleaning rooms when we were still there BEFORE check out time, and not returning calls...we were POSITIVE they didn't care. I would recommend pitching a tent before staying at this place.

Room tip: ours was poopy and they just didn't care
Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank ashleyhum
Reviewed 1 April 2017

Our first time at this resort was memorable. The rooms are large and extremely independant (individual wifi modems, water heater tank). The balconies afford one a nice view of the area and the kitchen is well-stocked with all your cooking needs although I hate cooking on electric stoves. The area has free shuttles on the hour that stop right in front of the resort to get you to all the winter park locations; a nice touch for saving rental car gas costs. Our only issue which is severely critical is that all suites on 2nd and 3rd floors are accessable only by climbing stairs - a big negative if you have heavy luggage and/or have disabilities. I have a balance disorder along with back and knee issues and was extremely dissappointed that I had to slowly struggle to climb 4 flights to get to our suite. Other than that the spa/pool was lovely to use but a majority of the equipment in the exercise room was broken and needed repair. There used to be a food bistro on the premises but it closed and is no longer there. They should correct this in their signage out front.

Room tip: Stick to the first floor level rooms if you have difficulty with stairs.
Date of stay: March 2017