Lowest prices for your stay
US$42
SAVE US$3
FindHotelUS$40
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$40
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 December 2020

my experience does go in line with what I have read but one thing for sure is that if you have not left your review from your bad experience please just DO IT. HELP others by helping them AVOID THIS PLACE like the PLAGUE it is
Liars, thieves, rude, grimy and should be SHUT DOWN, SUED AND FINED
HERE IS MY MOST CURRENT AND LAST EXPERIENCE ( the story won't end here just fyi, I will get justice)
I am a Diamond member of Wyndham Rewards. The stay at Howard Johnson in Wheat Ridge was my third time there, first time using reward points for the night. The other two times prior, were not good experiences either
In respect to this time I stayed, I was hoping the experience, the staff would have been different, better than the first two times. It was not
Currently, my place of residence is a hotel. Normally, I am concerned about what the incidental charge a hotel charges upon check in. The day prior to booking, I had called and was told the deposit was $50.
The first time I was at Howard Johnson, I had given the deposit and the day of checkout, they would not return it until the room was checked. That is what I was expecting this time I stayed there.
The deposit ended up being $100. When I got into the room, it was ice cold. The TV did not have a remote control. I went downstairs to the front desk to get a remote. No one was there, I rang the bell, no response, 10 minutes later, I rang the bell again. It was one of the ring type bells so a lady spoke (Asian accent) and I told her what I was looking for, she said no one is there? I said no, and have been waiting over 10 minutes.
the front desk associate gave me a remote control and an instruction sheet on how to program the controller for the TV and turned on but the screen was all snowy. No picture, only 3 or 4 channels were programmed, but still all snowy. I called the front desk again. She did indeed come up to the room to try to fix it. She was not successful and said "I don't know what to tell you" and left the room. At that point, I thought I would have been offered a different room or to change out the TV. It was not offered
I went to use the Wifi. It did not work, called the front desk, no answer. I ended up having to purchase wifi access from the truck stop across the street.
The hotel is non smoking. The room I was given had a balcony to smoke on. That is where myself and my friend smoked and when we were finished, we clippled the butts and threw them into the garbage can instead of throwing over the balcony and littering. I went to checkout. The same lady that spoke on the ring phone was the one I handed my room keys to and she said, "you are all set." I was perplexed, that is not what I was expecting. I was expecting the room to be checked so I could get a receipt for the deposit being returned. I asked her for one, she then said that Wyndham Rewards handles the return of a deposit back to your card. I disagreed with her and then she said it again and that she had to go.
I did want to converse about the bad experience I had there as well but she never gave me a chance to have a conversation with her.
So, to verify and confirm, I called Wyndham Rewards and asked about the "deposit return" and I knew that they did not handle it and was told to call the hotel again. I called, the same lady answered the phone, and she finally said that her manager will be in shortly to send me a folio via email. Never happened
Later, I received an email and said the deposit is not coming back to me due to smoking in the room. That is an absolute lie. They said, the room reeked so badly that it could not be rented, the housekeeper could not go into the room, there was other people in adjacent rooms that smelled smoke (another lie- I was in 532, room on the end) The nearest room that someone was in only 3 different rooms on same
5th floor side
I have read a great amount of reviews on Travel advisor, Google Maps, and Travelocity of their experience of being scammed or robbed out of the $100 deposit
No one smoked in the room, the door was closed when we went on the balcony.

UR STORY???

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 November 2020

Unless you enjoy multiple unpleasant surprises. First surprise- an additional $100 “damage” fee at check-in... next surprise-old dog poop in the hallway, next - filthy, not dirty, filthy bathroom, cockroaches running around the room, no working phone, no working tv, fist sized hole in bathroom door - hey! Didn’t they collect a damage fee for that? No clue what happened to Howard Johnson’s, but NEVER again!

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Savanah Thomas, Owner at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2020

Dear Valued Guest

First, I want to thank you for your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience,it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. While we work hard to deliver a wonderful guest experience,and it's apparent in this case we fell short. At the time you were staying with us,while we check our rooms on a daily basis,with 107 rooms once in a blue moon a room might get missed(meaning the hole in the door). When the front desk was informed of the tv issue,the young lady came and fixed it for you.
When a guests dog had an accident it was cleaned up as soon as we were made aware of it. When a guest has an issue,we do try to take care of it in a timely manner if it is brought to our attention.

Reviewed 8 November 2020 via mobile

My friends and I were trying to outrun a snow event so we needed last-minute accommodations. We booked a four-person room via Priceline on November 7th at this Howard Johnson. When we arrived, we were immediately asked at check-in to sign a waiver that consented to not stealing anything or damaging anything. Should have been a red flag as to what kind of establishment this was!!

We went to our room and it was a mess. The blinds were already broken and the curtain rod was bent. There was hair all over the room, on the beds, the floor, the bathroom and the lamp. The carpet was stained and areas of the drywall were dented or damaged in the bathroom and in the main room. The room smelled like cigarettes despite being labeled a non-smoking room. There were also several flies in the room.

Keep in mind we are in the midst of a GLOBAL PANDEMIC and I am now uncomfortable about the state of uncleanliness my friends and I have been exposed to. What is happening here??

We immediately inquired about a refund. We were told that we couldn’t get a refund because we booked the room through Priceline. We asked if there was a way we could get a different room that was more clean, and we were dismissed. We checked out and left within the hour. No refund though—goodbye to that money forever.

DO NOT STAY HERE!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Savanah Thomas, Owner at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2020

Sir,
We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, but when you first notified the front desk agent, instead of being honest as to why you didn't want to stay, you stated that something came up and you had to leave. Then one of your guest's stated that there were flies and hair everywhere. Our agent let you know that you booked a non-refundable reservation to which you responded that you had to speak with the rest of your party. At which point, our agent went to check the room for the issues that were brought to their attention as well as take pictures of what you had used while in the room. When you came back you decided to stay since you were paying to use the room whether you were here or not. 4 hours later you decided to leave anyway. When we have a guest notify us of any issues we do our best to move them to a new room as long as the room is in the same condition as it was upon their arrival, and as you had already used items in the room and our agent was unable to find any flies or hair all over the room we could not move you.

Reviewed 4 November 2020

I can't begin to start that this place is a complete mess it's location is so trashy the people who stay there are not at all just guest they live there an it's made it more bad then it already is #avoidthisplace

Date of stay: October 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Savanah Thomas, Owner at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2020

Dear Sir,

We are unhappy that your were unhappy with your stay. Unfortunately during this time of a Pandemic there are people who have lost their homes and have had to do a long term stay with us. We are happy to be able to provide this servcie!
We are a very quiet hotel and there are no shootings or any other criminal activity that goes on here.

Reviewed 20 March 2020

The customer care is the primary reason for my review. A well led bunch by the attentive and compassionate property manager that by sure selflessness went above and beyond the call if duty to ensure I had shelter as I was going through a real tough time.

Date of stay: March 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HowardJohnsonDenver, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review us. Stay safe & healthy and hopefully we'll see you again soon!