Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
FindHotelUS$134
HIExpress.comUS$146
HurbUS$149
getaroom.comUS$156
All reviews front desk great stay comfortable beds denver felicia reservation employees
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 March 2021

This place had great reviews, so I'd been looking forward to staying here. But the trip was a disappointment. My supposedly non-smoking room stunk so badly I had to go ask for Febreze. And even that only helped a little. The room didn't look like it had been cleaned to new covid standards. Despite a request, I got no housekeeping throughout the stay, despite being told I would. One employee told me there'd been problems with the current manager, and that lots of housekeeping staff were quitting. Wifi and cell reception were spotty. Food wasn't available when promised. Many employees wore masks with their noses hanging out. Their vending area was closed due to "repeated vandalism". So I felt unsafe the entire time.

Room tip: go somewhere else
Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2021

Hi tandys_trainer,

I am glad you left feedback. Thank you for staying at our Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West!

Though brilliant stays are what we promise, I'm worried that you had otherwise. I am sorry to learn about the issues encountered during your recent stay with us, particularly with the room odor and cleanliness misses, including the concerns surrounding the Wifi and food. While we aim to provide excellent service, I am sorry you felt uneasy with our staff missing to wear face masks properly. IHG Hotels & Resorts sincerely cares about your experience, and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know. I have shared your comments with hotel management, who responded with genuine concern for the impact this had on your stay. I know they appreciate you sharing your experience and am confident they will take steps so this doesn’t happen again. I have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay.

I hope you will give us a chance of staying with us again to show you that your unsatisfactory stay was an exception.

Cheers,

June A.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 17 February 2021

Great hotel to stay at when traveling cross country. Friendly staff, quiet and clean rooms, close to nearby restaurants. Very comfortable beds! The Staff went above and beyond to make sure I had a great stay and I really appreciate it.

Room tip: Quiet floors, clean rooms, very comfortable.
Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank Recio Y
Reviewed 10 February 2021

Very quite clean rooms,comfortable beds,Felicia the front desk ROCKS..... THANK You Girly... The evening desk clerk was splendid as well.So Sorry Didnt get your name. Very Hospitable.Knowledgeable and Professional. Close to hwy and lots of places to get sum good food. Will come again and will tell all my peeps. Thanks Yall. SUPER GREAT HOTEL STAT.

Room tip: Great deals on higher end establishment. They dont have change to do laundry. Noone around really did.
Date of stay: February 2021
Lauri Wallin, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2021

Thank you for the 5 star review.

Reviewed 25 January 2021

I chose this hotel based on location and reviews. I realized that things would be different due to the pandemic and didn't mind the grab-and-go breakfast. My first issue was contacting the hotel. I arrived in Denver late evening and wanted to alert them I'd be checking in after 10 PM. I made three attempts to call the hotel over an hour before waiting minutes on the last attempt for someone to answer. When I checked in, the front desk representative was casually talking to another staff member in the seating area making me wonder why it took so long to answer the phone. My second issue was the first floor construction. This information was not available on the website and reduced the availability of access to the third floor to a single elevator and stairwell. I walked passed another stairwell and elevator and almost reached a third stairwell by the time I got to my room. My third and final issue was the cleanliness of the room. I typically wipe down hard surfaces when I get to a hotel room, even before the pandemic. There was a dark smudge on the toilet cover that came off with a wipe. If there's supposed to be extra care taken due to Covid-19, it wasn't obvious. I was annoyed at the lack of consistent mask use by the staff, but that's at any place of business I've been to in the past few months. I assume based on reputation that this hotel was definitely better than the others in a one-mile radius, but I'll be staying somewhere else next time I visit the area.

Date of stay: January 2021
Lauri Wallin, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2021

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the management team so we can continue to focus on exceeding all of our guest's expectations. Safe travels!

Reviewed 29 December 2020

Pros:
Bed was comfortable and the windows opened, plenty of drawer space for our clothing. Most of the parking spots were filled but we didn't hear a sound from other guests in other rooms. Our windows had a great view facing south on the 3rd floor. where we could see the gorgeous sunrises very well and had a partial mountain view. Also a view of the pool but it was closed for the season. The couch & other chair were comfortable and looked clean. The shower was fantastic, tons of pressure and elbow room, solid glass doors keep the steamy heat in well, plenty of fluffy soft towels.

Cons:
On booking.com I reserved a smoking room but the entire property was no smoking. There was not enough light in either of the rooms, and the heat in the living room did not work. The coke machines on 1st and 3rd floors were always sold out. Not enough light in the parking lots. The lobby was under construction and the temporary sign taped on the door where one should enter to checkin had tiny writing that could not be seen from the vehicle. Not enough places to hang towels & clothing in the bathroom. I do not remember being informed of a $20 per day security deposit when making my reservation but it is possible I just did not pay enough attention. A hold was put on my bank account for the reservation amount + $80 in security deposits but post-checkout, only the reservation amount was actually charged so that is not a big deal but it was strange. The laundry bag was only big enough for socks & undies. I never take baths so I loved the shower, but if one wanted to soak in a tub, it would not be possible. Our bathroom was shower-only. I did not find anything that was not clean except the grout in the bathroom. Either use black grout or clean it with bleach. There seems to be 1 luggage cart which we could not find at checkin.

Room tip: our room on 3rd floor facing south = VIEW!
Date of stay: December 2020
Lauri Wallin, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2021

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us regarding the newly-remodeled Holiday Inn Express Wheat Ridge / Denver West. All guests enjoy spacious rooms and suites, microwaves, refrigerators, in-room coffeemakers, FREE hot breakfast, fitness room, business center and outdoor seasonal heated pool. We are ideally located within minutes to Denver, DIA, Colorado Convention Center, Bandimere Speedway, Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Lakewood, Arvada and Golden. Our staff and management team is committed to providing only the highest levels of services and accommodations. Safe travels!