“What a find!!”

Price range: US$8 - US$67
Cuisines: British, Cafe, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Award winning cosy Cornish pub situated in a beautiful valley near St Austell and the Eden Project serving great food, wine,ale, and coffee. Enjoy cosy fires in the winter months and a great pub garden in the summer
Reviewed 23 September 2017

This is one of the best pubs I have ever been to. The location is gorgeous with LOADS of outside seating. We ate in the Autumn chill in the beautiful sparkly lit cabins. Blankets are by the pub door to wrap yourself in. I think other people might be enticed to eat outside if outdoor heaters were there. We visited twice and on both occasions nothing was too much trouble. The G&Ts are LUSH!!! Food is to a very high standard and there was no rush to vacate your table even when the bar was full of people waiting to be seated. Well done to everyone working so hard to keep all the patrons happy.

1  Thank AnndAndPaul
Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

We went to this lovely pub a few times whilst staying across the road in a cottage on our holidays
I have to say as in my previous review this is a friendly pub indeed
Sometimes in pubs you feel like an outsider but not here
We are a few times at night and the meals where very large and even a half portion is very big
The staff here are all lovely and go out of their way to make you feel welcome
They do a breakfast on a Friday and Saturday morning up until 10am I think ?
We had this on the Saturday as we were coming home
The breakfast was fantastic and all locally sourced meats
Loads of tea coffee and toast too
If you are looking for somewhere for breakfast before you head home and you are local enough go here I can't recommend this enough
Fantastic pub

2  Thank YORKSHIRE123_9
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Having booked a table thw day before we arrived and the inn was crowded so we were lucky to have got a table . staff were young and friendly but very professional. All food was freshly cooked so it took a while but it was worth the wait. Beautiful position with a lovely beer garden. Wine was good and plenty of choice.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

My friend came and picked me up and we both ordered the Full Monty which is a very big breakfast . Was greeted and shown to our table by a lovely waitress who even remembered what sauces we like on our breakfast, which I think is very nice thing. The breakfast was cooked to perfection and we needed two pots of tea to wash it down with. For anyone who is visiting the pub for the first time I highly recommend you try the breakfast on a Friday or a Saturday morning. The pub is also dog friendly which is great too. Overall this visit rated a 9.5.

2  Thank Aub F
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Visited here twice last week while on holiday, opted for the fish pie absolutely delicious, and the second time had the burnt brisket ends, cannot fault anything, very attentive staff. Booking a must.

1  Thank 17Boss