All reviews the owner in town bird watching cross ventilation fluffy towels gas station next door cable tv electrical outlets refrigerator and microwave small town second floor motel beds shower pet park office
Reviewed 15 January 2016

We are a university research team, and stayed at this motel for 5-7 nights in December 2015 for research activities in Colorado State Park. Due to our work schedule change, we had to cancel one last night out of our scheduled stay and notified the manager of our cancellation two days before the night. The manager did not provide any written document at that time for our cancellation, but verbally promised that they would refund the room charge after the owner came back from her vacation. They now claimed that we did not cancel our rooms 24 hours prior to the scheduled stay, and therefore would not refund the extra room charges which were paid in advance! What a scam!

Be aware that they don't keep any records in digital (all they have is a notebook with handwritten notes). If you want to do business with them, it is up to you, but make sure that you collect all the evidence (i.e., request written records), and do not trust what they say verbally. We plan to stay in Walden many more nights in the next two years for our research, but I am sure that we will never stay there again.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Woody C
lynn s, Owner at Chedsey Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2016

Yes, I do everything with a pen and paper, but I keep VERY GOOD RECORDS. Every day that you were here you called the office to ask about the cancellation policy and every day my manager told you it was 48 hours. Coming in at 8pm the night before you are leaving a day early does not count up to 48 hours in my math. And you and I both know you did not leave a day early because of the job. You are not welcome back at the Chedsey Motel so please feel free to stay elsewhere, but beware everyone has a cancellation policy.

Reviewed 18 December 2015 via mobile

This is an older (60's or 70's) hotel, so it's not historic or a new Day Inn type, but a great value for the money. The beds are good (room 210, 207), walls are freshly painted, bathrooms have new tile on tub, and everything is clean. Walls are a little thin, but I think the manager tries to place guests every other room. I'd stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
lynn s, Owner at Chedsey Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2016

Thank you for your review. All of our rooms have been updated, and I have just hired a couple who will help me manage the motel and to keep it maintained as our customers would like. My housekeepers are experienced so your room should always be exeptionally clean and sanitized. Please come stay with us when you can.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

Bed was comfortable. No air conditioning. Plenty of hot water. Fluffy towels. Poor lighting in the room. Limited TV channels. Continental breakfast is essentially toast and coffee. Rooms are noisy.

Fair price.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
lynn s, Owner at Chedsey Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Thank you for writing a review. Sorry that our breakfast was not enough for you. I serve toaster waffles, instant oatmeal, applesauce, different breads for toast, along with coffee, tea and hot chocolate. We have two restaurants that would be happy to make you a full breakfast. At 8200 feet altitude it is not feasible to put in air conditioning for the two months that it is above 80 degrees. But we do have fans in each room. I will always try to keep my prices reasonable. Please come stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Spent one night here while passing through. Although the hotel was no frills, it was very comfortable and roomy. The room we stayed in had two queen size beds, and a really large closet area. The bathroom was clean and I loved the towels--they were fluffy and soft (we had just spent two days camping at Yellowstone, so we were ready for a shower)! Close enough to walk to restaurants and shops. The price was great.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
lynn s, Owner at Chedsey Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I do try to keep my prices reasonable, yet still supply my customers with a quality place to stay. Please come visit us again soon, and as long as I own the place I can promise you a great place.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

I was first pleasantly surprised by the town of Walden. Very scenic and it has more amenities than it's population would indicate. The Chedsey also exceeded my expectations, although I was anticipating good stay, based on previous TA reviews. The lobby entry is apparently under construction, but is was safe to walk though. The management was very friendly and helpful, even recommending that we eat at one of her competitors! The room was clean and decorated in a western theme. There was wi-fi, a small fridge and microwave . A nice surprise was a complimentary microwave bag of popcorn. After over 60 miles of cycling to get there, that was a treat! So was the hot tub. The mattress was good and the place was as quiet as a mouse. A typical continental breakfast awaited us in the morning. I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
lynn s, Owner at Chedsey Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2016

Thank you for a great review. The lobby is finished and it is beautiful. Walden does have so much to offer in and around the town. It is an outdoorsmans paradise. Please come visit again and enjoy more of our little piece of paradise.