1,229 results
All reviews avalanche pub resort fee ski valet platinum member ski shop charter sports indoor pool mountain resort lionshead area valet service per day an upgrade breakfast buffet mountain view ski boots free shuttle hot chocolate
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

My family went for a ski vacation while I attended a conference at this hotel. Overall good attentive service and very comfortable rooms. The daily room cleaning was usually late, sometimes after 4pm, so we would get back from a day of skiing and the room still wouldn't be done. However the staff were friendly and seemed to be working hard so I think the hotel just has to increase the number of cleaning staff. The marshmallow roasting and Smores w hot chocolate was a nice touch. The gym was small and outdated w machines not working. Breakfast buffet was good but very expensive ($50 cad pp). Not worth eating there. Try the little diner around the corner- great breakfasts at a reasonable price. Great ski valet service. The live music near the lobby creates a nice ambience. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Marriott Mountain resort in Vail is in the PERFECT location. Walk to the Eagle Bahn gondola and chair. Valet service brings your skis to and from the mountain and your boots are warmed and stored every evening. Nice outdoor pool and hot tub. Great Spa. The free Vail shuttle stops at the hotel entrance / port cochere, and takes you all around the village. You can also walk to great restaurants, shops, outdoor ice skating. My #1 choice in Vail.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

We are here now. Full disclosure, I do have fairly good expectations when spending almost $500 per night not exceptional but GOOD. Upon entering this resort I noticed all the chipping paint, the dirty walls, the check-in stating, “Oh we only give beer to certain guests”. Ummmmmmm, we are Marriott Gold Elite??, the small pool and jacuzzi area, the lack of competent valet service, “Is this your car?” Uggghhhh. We requested an upgrade which we stated we were happy to pay for! I don’t ever expect free, then requested a roll-away and was told no with only 3 in our room. I’m sorry but our 14 year old child doesn’t want to sleep in a bed with us. We were booked for a conference and the food there was excellent, hence the extra star. If you have a family (more than 2 people) I encourage you to PLEASE reconsider this resort. There are too many beautiful properties for families or even for couples. The Arabelle here in Lionshead, the Sonnenalp or the Sebastian in Vail Village. We come to Vail every year and as of now we will NEVER stay here again. We will also voice concerns to the meeting coordinators. So many people we spoke to tonight at our conference agree.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Shawn W, Front Office Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2018

Dear Bmbwilburn,
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us and bring your concerns to light. I apologize that we have not lived up to the level of service you expect. We will use your input to share with our staff to improve moving forward. It appears that we could have done a much better job of explaining that the beer sample is part of the resort fee and that the group you are with declined resort fee as part of the contract. We should have offered for you to accept resort fee and given you the beer sample. We would be happy to honor this request at anytime during your stay. Regrettably, fire codes do not allow us to add a rollaway or air mattress to the room type you are in. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope your stay improves. Please let us know if we can do anything to make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

IF YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH A HOTEL THAT DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU, YOUR EVENT, YOUR STAY, YOUR VACATION, OR THE MONEY YOU'RE PAYING THEM, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!

I wish I could tell you about my experience staying here, but I can't, because the group sales department has been so incredibly unhelpful while I have been trying to plan my wedding that we have been forced to change venues.

We contracted for a room block with the understanding the Marriott would attempt to honor those rates on the "shoulder days," (Weds, Thursday, etc). They took over a month to send me the information to book, and when I was finally able to access the site, they said they would no longer honor the rate. A change that costs myself and my guests each hundreds of dollars.

We didn't want to ask that of our guests, so have been forced to change venues. In the interim, this hotel has refused to be flexible on the contract, whatsoever. There are a lot creative solutions that could be reached, but they are staunchly unwilling to entertain them. If we were a month or two out from the weekend in question, I would not be writing this. But we aren't. We're talking about a delay on the part of Marriott, and a subsequent complete and total lack of customer service. They're "too full" to honor the rate but apparently not quite so full that they are willing to work with us.

In conclusion, if you would like to pour thousands of dollars in to a business and group of people who may (or may not) want to do everything possible to help your event go well, consider the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort. You won't be disappointed. Just kidding - you'll regret it. I promise you.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else, the rooms are better
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah M
Shawn W, Front Office Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Sarah,

We apologize for your challenges with the group sales process. We are always looking for ways to improve and will utilize your feedback to do so. We will continue to be in contact to reach a final resolution regarding your concerns.

Regards,
Vail Marriott Mountain Resort Sales Team

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival to the Marriot Mountain Resort in Vail we were greeted with an upgrade and a very friendly staff. Our room was large, and modern with a beautiful fireplace, and a balcony with a nice view. The bathroom is modern and beautifully appointed. Lots of drawer space and a closet for all of our clothes. Our coats are placed on very convenient hooks in the entry to our room. We had a kitchenette with a microwave, sink, refrigerator, and cupboards. Also, in my room was a very necessary dehumidifier, which helps with the dry air at night. The fireplace helped a lot any time we were a bit chilly. The front desk staff will give you a free bottle of water whenever you ask for it. Late afternoons there was a whiskey tasting and smore making and Hot Chocolate. The hotel has a nice gym and small heated swimming pool included in the price. The hotel is a bit costly being that it is in Vail, however, it was well worth the price. It’s very clean, cozy, and convenient. There is also a Starbucks right in the hotel. When my husband went there to get me a coffee, he mentioned that I had a cold, and was staying in the hotel for the day. Next thing I knew there was a knock at the door and a tray filled with berries, fruit, tea, and chocolate. I was so touched!! In addition, There are free buses that come regularly and will take you to the villages for shopping or skiing. I will stay here anytime I come to Vail in the future!! Loved it!!!!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Benjamin W, Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Hello Lorid212017:

I am so glad that you enjoyed your vacation to Vail! There are so many amenities available at our property and it looks like you were able to enjoy a majority of them. We appreciate your kind words and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Benjamin W.