1,230 results
All reviews avalanche pub resort fee ski valet platinum member ski shop charter sports indoor pool mountain resort lionshead area valet service per day an upgrade breakfast buffet mountain view ski boots free shuttle hot chocolate
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Having stayed at Marriotts around the country and world this one was the worst.
Being known for its excellent service and value, this location fell woefully short of my expectations. Upon arrival there was only valet parking, which I expected, the $35 for the night I stayed , I did not expect.
Upon turning down my covers , I was discusted to find a long brunette hair and another
Shorter brown hair. I'm a greying blond guy. Upon telling the front desk , I was simply given an, " I'm sorry ". A little comp or discount would have been appropriate.
Then in the morning when I reviewed my bill, I see a couple of odd taxes added on and a $40 " guest fee " for odd ball add ons that most travelers won't use. Please don't scam me with a $40 fee for a beer tasting or welcome gift that you don't offer.
The close out bill was $89 for a room I thought I had already paid for.
Go find another hotel with honest, upfront, transparent fees, and clean sheets.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Gordon521
Benjamin W, Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear Gordon521,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort.

We strive to provide an excellent vacation experience for each of our guests, however it sounds like we have fallen short during your recent stay. I understand the frustration of unexpected expenses during vacation and I am sorry that you were not well informed of these additional expenses prior to your stay. We do our best to inform our guests of these expenses to avoid any surprises or unnecessary frustration.

I would also like to apologize for the hair that was found in your bed, again it appears we have fallen short.

I will be passing your feedback along to the proper departments in an effort to prevent any future issues. If you have any additional issues or concerns, please feel free to contact me, I have provided my information below.

Benjamin Wojczynski
Front Desk Manager
Vail Marriott Mountain Resort
Benjamin.wojczynski@marriott.com
970-479-5015

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

All other hotels we have ever been guests in PALE in comparison with this hotel !
As a result of our experience there, we will only book Marriott Hotels if available from now on.
When I first saw the building, the word “castle” came to mind. The hotel and all its integrated services is a work of art on several levels.
Seeing and experiencing is believing.
I don’t ever lavish praise on anything unless it is due. It’s time !

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank webpilot1158
Reviewed 17 November 2017

So most people go to Vail to snow ski, but we went for a visit to Steadman Clinic and we are non skiers. So how did that work for us? Excellent !! We found the Marriott to be very accomdating for us. The room was perfect. Very soundproof, very warm and the most amazing thing was the bathtub. It was the deepest bathtub I have ever seen in a Marriott. I guess snow skiers need to relax in a hot bath after a day on the slopes. Vail has a free "In town" bus that runs every 10 min and stops right in front of the hotel. It will take you from one end of town to the other with many stops. The only downside to this hotel was the cost to park your car. You do not have an option to self park. And parking is $50 a day. Yes, I said that right, $50 a day. I was shocked as I have never in my life paid that much to park a car. So we did not park there. We parked in a town garage not to far away. By having the bus, we did not need a car. Food can also be very expensive so you just have to be creative if you are on a budget-If not, enjoy. All in all we were very pleased.

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

My 3-night business stay at this Marriott was like a nostalgic trip back into the glorious 90s. It is a fine enough place to stay but it would not be my first vacation choice and it could really use an update in the technology department.

TV pic quality is only fair and some channels have no sound (took them 2 days to fix it). There are no power outlets next to the bed! The internet access seems to require a complete “forget this network” and reboot to get online again every time you leave the zone. I just gave up for my laptop and used my phone hotspot instead.

I gnawed through a crummy dry piece of trout at the expensive bar with sports on every TV with the typical boring Marriott decor. The weird springy bed felt just like staying at grandma’s. Valet took 17 mins to get my car and it’s not even the busy season yet. I think I’m being fair with the 3-stars and don’t get me started about green carpet.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Benjamin W, Front Desk Manager at Vail Marriott Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your feedback. I am sorry to see that there were aspects of your stay that did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will help us immensely as we work to improve our rooms and our property as a whole. If there are any other recommendations you may have, we would love to hear them. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in future.

Warm Regards,
Benjamin W.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

This Marriott hotel is very nice with a wonderful staff. The Hotel offers many things that you would expect at a Mountain Resort like dining on location for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hot tubs, pools and spa for your relaxation after skiing. Located in a great location close to the slopes. Just a few steps away to the Lions Head Gondola. I love the free smores and hot coco they offer too....

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business