“This place looks more like a bar but they also serve food”

May Palace Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 131 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived to this place and it certainly looked like it was a bar where they only serve drinks however when we got the menu and we found out that they have good food, I ordered the sweet-and-sour chicken and it was very delicious, the service was friendly and average and the place was very cozy especially in a very cold day.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We asked the waiter if the name of the restaurant was pronounced “My” or “ May”. After a long pause, he didn’t know.
I ordered a small won ton soup. I was served a large bowl of the worst soup I ever had. The broth was cloudy and the won tons were mushy. Very. I read positive reviews about the orange chicken, however, ours was completely made with dark meat. The chicken skewer appetizer with peanut sauce had Indian spices not Asian spices. Big disappointment.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent service by Kate. Draft beer and Kung Pao.
Rocket man dines here occasionally, pyong yang chicken rocks.

1  Thank Big A
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I adjust my standards for Chinese food depending on where I am travelling and don't expect much in Vail. Wouldn't go here if this place was in San Francisco but I can't complain for the Rocky Mountains. I just got a small take-out order, the staff is friendly. Mixed vegetables (nice and fresh tasting), singapore rice noodles (good portion, nice chunks of chicken and shrimp, curry flavor was unpronounced), and some steamed rice (comes included with the meal, I asked for some extra and they gave me without charging).

Reviewed 22 June 2017

The staff here is very friendly. Restaurant is fine, but appears to be from 1970. The food has all the standard hits. The pork dumplings and the orange chicken are good.