“Best meal of my life”
Review of Matsuhisa Vail

Matsuhisa Vail
Reserve with OpenTable
Matsuhisa Vail is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 130 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We spend my birthday here every year. Every year the experience gets better! The sashimi is exceptional -especially the miso whitefish. Lobster tacos, crab tempura wagu beef. Every single bite is the perfect flavor combination. It is such an unforgettable dinner every time! I recommend the sashimi sampler if you like fish- such savory perfection.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Nobu Matsuhisa richly deserves his place in the pantheon of Japanese American cuisine. Last night Matsuhisa Vail traded on that reputation and failed.

First and foremost the sushi (hamachi, yellowtail and crab) was dry, meager cuts and tasteless. There was no richness to the fish. It tasted like supermarket sushi.

Someone from their top management worldwide has to come and realign this!

The location and terrace and interior design is stunning. The wait staff are college kids and a bit older doing all right, but just. All waiting for ski season so maybe that is why everything was not good enough. There was none of the first class, world class attention you expect at a Nobu restaurant.

Two of my guests wanted 'entrees' and the chicken was a bare TOUGH sliced chicken breast with teriyaki sauce and the filet was the same in an all right but uninspired brown sauce....and forgive me if you think my expectations are too high a standard but I am certain Mr. Matsuhisa would have been embarrassed.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Matsuhisa was my go to place in
Aspen and was excited when they opened in Vail. However, this and most Nobus and Matsuhisas have slipped precipitously -- too many -- poor supervision and servers and bartenders trained to scam customers - 'the special item not on menu' the 'fantastic drink you'll love' always bearing a price tag double most items on menu. The food is OK but lacks the pizzazz they once had -- still great fresh sushi -- freshest around -- Not going to any of Nobus joints again until he starts tightening up his operation and putting customers first for a change.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Matsuhisa has a menu and wine list that will make you dizzy! The service, food and scene doesn't get any better!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We went to Mt. Standard and Sweet Basil the two previous nights and were underwhelmed. Thankfully, Matsuhisa met our expectations and more. I've been a couple of times, but this was my first time to this location. We always tell the waiter a general idea of things we like/dislike and let them choose for us. It's really fun and we've never been disappointed. We had tuna tacos, sea bass, salmon tartare, spinach salad with shrimp, dragon roll, fried king crab claws, and scallops. If you have room for dessert then get the bento box. Definitely worth every penny.

Been to Matsuhisa Vail? Share your experiences!