All reviews murphy bed deluxe room fire pit filtered water front desk staff turn down service ski valet hot chocolate valet service ski slopes off season cookies shops and restaurants fitness center full kitchen four seasons cucina
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Spent 3 nights there in August with my girlfriends celebrating my 70th birthday. Rented a 3 BR condo that overlooked main street. There was a balcony to sit on and people watch, It was nicely furnished and had a bathroom for every bedroom. Only problem is I was never told there was no AC in the unit. It was in the high 80s in day and only got down to 60s at night. So it was quite warm. The hotel put in 2 portable ACs which was nice for 2 BRs and then about 6 fans in the other one. It was still a little uncomfortable for the ladies with the fans. My suggestion is to ask when booking your reservation if the unit has AC. Otherwise, everything was great.

Room tip: Request one overlooking the main plaza. Fun to people watch. Ask if there is AC!
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Thera S, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Good Morning Fran W,

I would like to thank you for choosing The Lodge At Vail, A Rock Resort as your hotel destination. According to the survey that you completed after checkout you did not have the best experience. I wanted to reach out, personally, to apologize for the inconveniences that you encountered while staying with us. We certainly take all guest comments very seriously and use your feedback to help improve our hotel product and service.

I am happy you enjoyed people watching from your balcony, however, I am disappointed to hear we missed the mark regarding not having Air Conditioning in the unit. Being the first Lodge built in 1962, does occasionally present its' challenges. I am happy we were able to install portable ACs and additional fans within the unit to make your stsay more pleasant. Please be assured I have followed up with our Property Manager, regarding this matter, as we work very closely with our owners to meet our guest expectations. We strive to make every stay memorable and you should certainly expect well-appointed, pleasing, accommodations.

I greatly appreciate the feedback about your recent stay. Once again, I apologize we fell short of your expectations and I hope that you will consider returning in the future. If you choose to stay with us once more, please reach out to me and we will do everything to make your stay the experience you deserve.

Warm Regards,
Front Office Manger
The Lodge at Vail, a RockResort

Reviewed 18 August 2018

We traveled with 60 people to Vail, CO this summer. First time we've been to Vail. Checkin was a breeze. The Aspens are so gorgeous with the leaves that seem to glitter in when the wind blows. The rooms were spotless, the staff so friendly.

The Concierge helped us arrange Zip Lining - another first. We had the time of our lives. So much to do in the summer! Who'd-uh-Thunk?

Room tip: Summer room rates are so affordable. The winter season is a different story!
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Good Morning thomh235,

I wanted to reach and express, that we are so happy you were able to experience Vail in such a wonderful way! We are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay! Thank you for the kind comments about our Property and Teams, I will certainly pass along the messages! We take all guest comments very seriously and use your feedback to help improve our hotel product and service. Once again, I greatly appreciate the feedback about your stay. I sincerely hope you visit again in the near future and we will look forward to welcoming you back!

Front Office Manager. Lodge at Vail, a RockResorts

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

This is a fantastic hotel. From the time I got here I felt pampered by the staff who I felt could not do enough for the guests. So many nice touches.....from filtered water in the rooms to a backpack you can borrow for hikes (or purchase if you really like it) to ice water and tea/coffee in the lobby and a great concierge. The amenities are great also.....a nice size pool, 2 outdoor hot tubs and a spa (which I didn’t try but heard good things about). I was here for a conference and everything associated with the conference was extremely well done. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting an excellent experience in Vail!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank kppchick

Good Morning kppchick,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us! We are delighted that you had such a pleasant stay! Thank you for the kind comments about our Property and Teams, I will certainly pass along the messages! I am so happy that you enjoyed our complimentary backpacks and their amenities! We take all guest comments very seriously and use your feedback to help improve our hotel product and service. Once again, I greatly appreciate the feedback about your stay. I sincerely hope you visit again in the near future and we will look forward to welcoming you back!

Front Office Manager. Lodge at Vail, a RockResorts

Reviewed 27 July 2018

This is our second year in a row staying at The Lodge At Vail over the 4th of July. What an incredible hotel. Love the location, the rooms, the staff and it was so cool for them to loan us @HellyHansen backpacks along with free goodies (trail mix, sunscreen, etc.) for a hike. We hiked Berry Picker and had lunch and drinks on top of the mountain to celebrate. Thank you, Lodge At Vail, for two great Independence Day weekends in a row. See you next year!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Thera S, Front Office Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Good Afternoon Karrie D,
I would like to thank you for choosing The Lodge At Vail, A RockResort as your hotel destination. According to your Trip Advisor, you had a pleasant stay! Thank you for the kind comments about our Property and Teams, I will certainly pass along the messages! I am so happy that you enjoyed our complimentary backpacks and their amenities! We take all guest comments very seriously and use your feedback to help improve our hotel product and service.

I greatly appreciate the feedback about your recent stay. I sincerely hope you visit again in the near future and we will look forward to welcoming you back!

Front Office Manager.
Lodge at Vail, a RockResorts

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

This resort is AMAZING. The decor is beautiful. My room was amazing and the bed so comfy, bathroom ... gorgeous. I stayed in the Luxury king size bed which has a balcony with a small table & chairs. The staff was so friendly & helpful. The food.... OMG AMAZING.... everything from breakfast to lunch to dinner to dessert to the Lemon drop martinis with sugar on the rim! The staff..... amazing...... so friendly and accommodating. I was here for a conference and needed a ride to and from another hotel daily for conference. I asked for the shuttle and i’m expecting a bus .... what pulls up? A big beautiful GMC Denali and it was free of charge! I was treated like a princess for the 4 days I was there! The weather was gorgeous too! The Vail Village and every other village is gorgeous and the shopping is amazing.... boutiques.... pricey but gorgeous clothing! I recommend 100%!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kt329

Good Afternoon kt329,
I would like to thank you for choosing The Lodge At Vail, A Rock Resort as your hotel destination. According to your TripAdvisor you had an AMAZING stay! Thank you for the kind comments about our Property and Teams, I will certainly pass along the messages! It truly brings a happy tear to my eye that every experience that you had, made you feel like a princess!! We take all guest comments very seriously and use your feedback to help improve our hotel product and service.

Front Office Manager.