“Perfect location and great room”

The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort
Ranked #14 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 9 August 2017

We stayed in a two bedroom condo with a full kitchen. It was just as charming as the village. I think that each room is different so it depends on what you ask/pay for. Some rooms do not have AC, and the hotel rooms with just a bed are small but nothing abnormal.
Our room did have AC and was decorated just as charming as the village below. I am picky with where we stay and I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others, but I would probably insist on the unit we had. You truly cannot beat the location. Beds are comfortable, well decorated, great shower pressure. The staff clean your room in the afternoon and leave chocolates on your bed at night. Use the concierge to help you book activities, they know the area and can book activities for you easily.
Free coffee in the morning in the lobby and treats in the afternoon.
The pool is nice and heated with chairs and umbrellas as well as large towels for guests. They also have a small grill around the pool where you can order a quick bite to eat or drink. If you want to roast marshmallows at night ask the staff to turn on the fires around the pool
There are some parts of the lodge that are a little run down like the hallways and areas that have not been updated but I think it has just been well loved by a lot of guests
We did have to have help with our safe because it was not working properly, when I called someone came to our room immediately!
Down side- We did not have a washer or dryer in our condo which is a bummer when you are staying past 3 nights. They do have a washer and dryer in a room in the garage and you have to pay $4 in quarters total to wash/dry clothes, in addition to your detergent.
Our two bedroom condo was perfect and I would highly recommend unit 362. I do think there is an option to have a 3 bedroom in that unit. The only downside is that you face the main street village so one bedroom can be noisy in the morning during delivery.
This is a dog friendly resort- but ALL of Vail is dog friendly!

Room Tip: unit 362 was great, some wear and tear but I would stay there again for sure.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Daniel K, Manager at The Lodge at Vail, A RockResort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Hello Mswol,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your time at the Lodge at Vail! We find that guests really enjoy our location adjoining the pedestrian streets of Vail Village as well. It seems that you enjoyed our on property amenities, and I thank you for sharing your experiences! We hope to host you in Vail again, and I encourage you to visit our on property spa the next time you are here as well!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Stayed 6 nights for an on-site conference. Staff was very attentive and helpful. Drew (concierge) got us reservations at restaurants and was helpful in suggesting places when we just needed to grab a bite to eat. You cannot beat the location in the heart of Vail Village and an easy walk to Lion's Head immediately to the west and the Gerald R. Ford Park and amphitheater a pleasant walk to the east. Accommodations were nice - we stayed in a kingsize room. Nothing exciting but the bed was comfortable. Our room was a little quirky though - on the plus side the shower and commode were in separate areas each with their own sink which was very nice for getting ready in the morning or for dinner at night. On the down side, both areas had pocket sliding doors and the light switches were outside - so if you were getting up while your partner was sleeping you had to turn the light on before you went into the area so all of that light poured into the room. I discovered some Houdini-esque movements that minimized this but for the price you shouldn't have to do that. The hotel is starting to show a little wear (e.g. carpet on stairs was a little threadbare. Since out trip originated at sea level the water readily available in the lobby was welcomed to help avoid altitude issues and my wife particularly liked their flavored water options (she still talks about the strawberry/kiwi that they had one day). Overall we thoroughly enjoyed out stay and if it hadn't been for the bathroom light issue I would probably have given it "5" across the board.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Hello John S,

Thank you for taking your time to review your experience at the Lodge at Vail! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us; we always try to have fun flavors for our infused waters in the lobby each day. The Gerald Ford Park and Lionshead are great sites to take in while in town, and I'm happy to hear you made the most of your time in Vail! I appreciate your insights regarding opportunities with the physical facility as well; will be focusing on them as we look to improve our facility for future guests.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

The friendly, professional staff, the outdoor pool and hot tubs, and wonderful location right in Vail Village are the reasons for the 4 star rating. Overall, though, I rate the hotel 3.5 stars. The hotel has an older feel to it and the airconditioning unit is a portable one that has a big tube out the window. The hotel was built in the day when there wasnt really much of a summer crowd, so I guess good for them to add air conditioning units to the rooms. We have spent many a summer weekend in the mountains. Please, absolutely do NOT book a hotel without airconditioning. While the front desk and valets were just great, I have some reservations about the housekeeping. There were used kleexes and a candy wrapper under the bed and next to the chest beside the bed (I was looking for my missing glasses case so noticed these cleaning misses). It took over an hour and two phone calls to the front desk to get extra blankets for the murphy bed (very comfortable bed according to our grandson). Overall, this is an adequate older hotel and worth staying here if the price is right.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor so could walk down and not wailt for the slow elevator. Good choice.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hello denverretiree,

Thank you for your review our your time with us. I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding our staff members; I too think our front desk and valet teams are great!

I also thank you for bringing the opportunities you experienced with housekeeping to our attention. I hope you find comfort in knowing that I used your feedback as a learning opportunity for the parties involved and your concerns were immediately addressed.

We sincerely hope to see you at the Lodge at Vail again in the future!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

We had for just quick night stay between travels and this place was fantastic!! Great location in the heart of everything and wonderful staff!! Restaurants steps away from the door and gondola rides in walking distance as well! Can't wait to go back

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback roinmarie50! We look forward to seeing you again at the Lodge at Vail this fall, winter, or whenever you please!

Reviewed 29 July 2017

We stayed two nights. The property is in a fantastic location; within steps of shopping and restaurants. We parked our vehicle in the Vail parking garage to save on valet fees at the hotel. We spent our time walking, hiking, and riding our bikes all over Vail without ever needing a car! We let them know it was our anniversary and upon check in, there were chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, and a nice note in our room! Late one evening, I realized I forgot my toothpaste. I asked the front desk staff if they could help me out. While one person was explaining to me where the nearest place was I could purchase toothpaste, the supervisor politely asked me to wait while he went to the spa at the hotel and grabbed me a travel toothpaste! I was very grateful! The pool area was great with a bar and friendly bartender. No AC in our room, but that was fine. Open windows and a fan kept us cool in the evenings. The location combined with the attentive, professional, and service-oriented front desk staff made this a great place to stay!

Room Tip: We loved our 2nd floor room with a patio overlooking the pool!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello Carrie S,

Thank you so much for taking your time to provide us with insights from your stay! I am so glad you enjoyed the service, facilities, and all of the lovely activities just outside our doorsteps. I am also glad you discovered our pool bar; we think it is a wonderful experience for those who want to relax with a cocktail by the pool. If you choose to return to Vail in the future, we would be excited to host you again!