“A favorite romantic dinner spot”
Review of Flame Restaurant

Flame Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Flame Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 132 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Frontage Road
Transit: Town of Vail and ECO Bus.
Description: Make dining fun again. Four Seasons Resort Vail has reinvented Flame Restaurant with inventive twists on classic steakhouse favorites. Start off by tempting your palate with elk corndogs and a duo of dipping sauces, indulgent sides, such as truffled comte fritters with wild mushroom and bacon ragout, or satisfy your sweet tooth with maple bacon doughnuts with cherry bourbon compote. Of course, our menu still offers a variety of prime steak selections, like the 32-ounce dry-aged Waygu Ribeye, which is cooked to perfection under our 1,800 degree custom broiler, paired with house-made sauces and carved tableside.
Reviewed 7 October 2018

We went to Flame for our Anniversary (which coincides with the Vail Jazz Festival - lucky us!!). The service is phenomenal. We got the sommelier to go over the wines with us because the selection is a bit limited, as another reviewer has noted. We paired a lovely New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc with their absolutely lovely and unique tomato caprese salad (which we had split - see photo). The wine also paired well with their squid appetizer. We then shared one of their steaks paired with an excellent Chateau Castera Medoc. The steaks are served with a line-up of sauces on the side and you can mix and match flavors. We finished with froie gras which was quite yummy. We left satisfied and not stuffed. Then it was off to more late night Jazz!!!

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

The restaurant has a beautiful setting, it’s nicely decorated and has a professional wait staff.
We were disappointed in the wine recommendation, the Medoc they recommended had no body. Note: they did offer to replace it.
My wife had the fillet and I had the dry aged bison rib steak. Both were very good, we also had the Brussels sprouts, which were excellent.
We had the Reese’s Chocolate Mousse for dessert. It lacked favor, although the berry sorbet that came with it was excellent.
Also, if you want bread brought to the table, that is an extra charge. Really?

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

You should know going into it that the food is very expensive at Flame - but it is so, so worth it. I have been lucky enough in my life to eat at a lot of fine dining restaurants and this one ranks at the top. The steak that I ordered was one of the best steaks I have ever had and the sides were delicious. Great atmosphere and unbelievable service. 10/10 would recommend.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I very much enjoyed our visit to Flame Restaurant. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and very professional.

I started with the Elk Corndogs and they were excellent! The gourmet mustard and ketchup served alongside were a perfect pairing.
My husband enjoyed his shrimp cocktail; the shrimp were huge!

For an entree, we shared the Bison bone-in Ribeye and Lobster Mashed Potatoes. Both were absolutely delicious and the presentation was nicely done. The Ribeye, which our server carved table side and served on the cutting board, was accompanied by 6 house made sauces. All were very tasty but not at all needed as the meat alone was exceptional!

For dessert, we shared the Maple Bacon Donuts. They were super good but also very heavy and we were unable to finish them!

I highly recommend Flame Restaurant the next time you’re in or near Vail. I certainly intend to return.

1  Thank NovaKay
Reviewed 27 August 2018

Had an early dinner Saturday evening with my sister. She had the scallops which were perfectly done and she loved the mushroom polenta (they allowed her to substitute in place of mashed potatoes). Portions were generous (at least 6 scallops). I loved the pan seared chicken. What impressed me was how every component of the dish was thoughtfully executed. The heirloom carrots and the sherry reduction sauce completed the dish. The mark of an excellent restaurant is to take something simple and elevate it. I believe Flame is well worth your time and dining dollars. I look forward to going back and trying one of their steaks.

Been to Flame Restaurant? Share your experiences!