1,314 results
All reviews cascade resort gore creek private lift infinity pool ski lift hot tub self parking hotel shuttle off season walking path free shuttle resort fee fire pit fitness center hotel restaurant beautiful property great room
Reviewed 1 November 2018

First of all, these rooms are literally amazing. Some on the 4th-floor rooms have little nooks and couches to cozy into in the morning. It might even be hard for you to leave your room.

The 1st-floor rooms are equally amazing, as you can walk out toward the river and even take a job on the nearby path. Plus, you're not far from the spa, hot tub, pool, and fitness center.

I loved their fitness center. It is better than my gym at home.

The beds are, of course, amazing as well and your rooms are pretty much stocked with whatever you need if you are willing to pay for it.

The staff is also very friendly!

I thought the rooms were reasonably priced and I was pleased with the overall look and feel of the lobbies. I also LOVED that there was a grab and go market downstairs.

The reason I am giving this four stars was the timeliness of the shuttle and then the food we were served during our conference.

We took the shuttle to Vail Village during some downtime at the conference. The shuttle driver said he would arrive every 15-20 minutes. We went, walked around a little, and then came back to wait for the shuttle and it took him over 30 minutes to get back. By then we were late for the last portion of our conference. We're not sure what happened but we did plan our time around his arrival.

The food at the conference was actually not terrible, but I did notice that each dish we were served had a sugary glaze on it. Almost every single dish we were served did. It would've been nice to have a balance of sweet and savory throughout our conference meals. I don't know if it is chosen by the organizers or the hotel chooses the dishes, but some variety would've been nice.

All in all, I seriously loved my stay there. You could not have picked a better location to build this hotel. So beautiful and I'm super thankful to have stayed there!

Room tip: Come during the winter or summer. There is a weird off-season in Oct. and nothing is open. Walking around the villages could be boring.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank travelbranyik
JGarthVail, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, A Luxury Collection Resort, Vail, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2018

Dear Travel B,

Thank you for taking the time to share valuable feedback from your recent stay at Hotel Talisa, A Luxury Collection Resort, Vail. We are elated to hear that you enjoyed the rooms, fitness center, beds and our staff.

Your feedback regarding the shuttle service and food at the conference has been shared with our team as a learning opportunity to further improve our overall guest experience.

Again, thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay and we hope you Choose Hotel Talisa if your travels bring you back to Vail!

John Garth
Area Directing Manager

Reviewed 29 October 2018

The hotel is fine! Clean room blabla! A week after we stayed there I saw that there was a $46 charge! I called and the lady told me that it was for snack! I told her that we did not eat anything from the snack bar! We would have had to EAT Everything there to be at $46 they refunded the $ but only because I called about it!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JGarthVail, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, A Luxury Collection Resort, Vail, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2018

Dear Navigator253653,

Thank you for providing feedback from your recent stay at Hotel Talisa. In order to improve our processes, we have shared your feedback with our internal management team.

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further at your earliest convenience.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed there last night for a friend’s wedding. While the service and amenities were great, this place is ridiculously overpriced. We weren’t anticipating or told that the required valet parking would be an additional $38 (on top of the $38 resort charge). The valet didn’t even move our car, it was left right where we parked it on arrival.

We also were underwhelmed with the $28/person breakfast buffet, it wasn’t much better than a free breakfast we would receive at other hotels. Also, the $14 sandwich from room service was dry and bland.

I recommend skipping the restaurant for breakfast and heading into Lionshead for breakfast at the Little Diner (or anywhere really) and save yourself the disappointment. I wish I had complained at checkout. We ended up paying an extra $160 for one night, no actual valet service, a dry turkey sandwich and old eggs.

The bartender was great and their happy hour was reasonable.

2  Thank Lucky1979

Dear Lucky1979,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel Talisa, Vail.

It is through valuable feedback, like yours, that we are able to improve the overall guest experience and have shared your feedback with our internal management team.

Thank you for providing valuable feedback and we hope the very best to you and your family in the upcoming new year!

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience in this hotel. Very good value for money. Warm welcome upon arrival. Beautiful rooms, lounge area’s and terrace. We still found it an ok distance to walk to the downtown area of Vail, about 25 minutes but they provide a shuttle if you don’t want to walk as well. Would certainly stay here during ski season! The ski lift is next door

1  Thank Jaoneh
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with great staff people. We stayed for a couple of nights and we enjoyed everything the hotel has to offer. Breathtaking views, pool, fireplace, jacuzzi, live music and much more. We will definitely be back to this great place we discovered.

Date of stay: July 2018