“Fab food ”
Review of Marco's

Marco's
Price range: US$6 - US$31
Description: Home made pastas & pizzas, a selection of the best Italian products and wines. Daily fresh pastry from our chef.
Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Great place very fresh food couple on the other table had pizza it was massive also saw one of the pasta dishes looked good

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

This is a gem of a Italian food, had a great meal, great service , and reasonably priced, the other good reviews were not joking when they said this place was good

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I am rarely terrified that my review might overwhelm a small restaurant where culinary standards are at their peak. I suppose it is selfish to want to hide such a hidden gem - keeping the secret only to myself. But the bullet is now bitten and I cannot in good grace be so grace less to share what I know with you all.

My friends and I visited (unannounced) the lovely home of Joanca and Mark in Jomtiem Villas where we first learned about Marco's outside catering operations.Wonderful prawn Cocktails which I normally hate. Amazing dinners and deserts to follow. I have a slender appetite but old Terry from Tawomba in Australia wolfed down the food as he assumed the role of barman for the night.

Joannca revealed her hidden secret and so we all set sail for Marco's restaurant. Surely the Italian catering could not excel the standards set at Joannca wonderful villa.

We met the following day and Marco greeted uswarmly into his Italian restaurant. The wine list was limited - but the selection was paramount. We chose the red Sangiovese which was well priced at 990 bahts. I could describe more fully the excellent Calzone with extra gorgonzolo; the exquisite duck breasts; the Carpaccio of raw beef and the mixed salad. More than enough for two. The potent Irish Coffees ( old Harry needed steadying as we left later - a task we rarely perform unless he is very well satisfied with both the food and the drink.) I will not.

You need to experience for yourselves the great charisma of Marco and his cousin Paulo. A fine dining experience underwritten by charming and ever present customer service. Great humour is the greatest resource wherever strangers meet strangers. They turn strangeness into lasting friendships which is why I am reluctant to over gild that lilly.

Suffice to say - a memorable night hosted by memorable people. Hailing from near Ventimiglia, they are proficient in both Italian and French. Their English is excellent too. I cannot vouch for the Thai language but i suspect that mirrors their linguistic enthusiasm. How I envy those who speak multi lingually. Those who pay equal endeavour to conversation and of course good service.

Suffice to say a real treat of a night. A real treasure of a restaurant which I hope will never be over burdened by this modest review. Come try it yourself and if you need help with a home party then their skills are at your command.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

We dined in this restaurant twice and we were only in the area 5nights. After a great first visit we wanted to go back.
Small modern restaurant food is excellent and the staff amazing. Great to see the owner also works here and ensures everybody is happy with there meals he goes out of his way to speak to all customers. The waitress also very attentive and her English was very good and was able to recommend different things. Try the bruschetta it's fab! Prices are very reasonable and you can sit in or out. If we come back to Pattaya
we would not hesitate to come back and eat here!

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 25 November 2016

We had a try with Marco's and we like it.

The food is authentic, while the place is friendly and easy going.

We will be back soon for a more in-deep exception. Last week we had only a salad and two pasta dishes as we weren't much hungry.

Date of visit: November 2016