“The best fish and chips ever!”

O'Neil's Tavern and Grill
Price range: US$12 - US$27
Description: O'Neil's Tavern & Grill specializes in traditional Irish fare, juicy steaks, fresh fish, and seasonal salads. Our full bar has something for everyone- from wine, to our eight beers on tap and an extensive whiskey menu.
Reviewed 22 June 2016

I could not have the fish and chips because I have celiac disease but everyone in our party ordered them and swooned! The fish is brought in fresh every day and the owner is very picky about it. I guess even the tarter sauce is to die for! Great place to eat!

1  Thank JJ2505

Reviewed 8 June 2016 via mobile

My parter is a fan of Irish beer so we stopped for dinner here on our way through Steamboat. I'm not so in love with Irish cuisine but the salmon was probably the best I've had in years. However, with an empty pint glass in front of me for 20 minutes this place started to lose its appeal. Our server actually walked by several times and even looked directly at our empty glasses and ignored it. At 6 dollars a pint I'm sure their losses add up over time from poor service.
Not usually one to complain, but this place was nowhere near busy enough for that to happen. Sorry to say I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

Crazy good food, excellent atmosphere, very attentive staff. Nothing but great things here, if you want a great sit down meal after a long day and get catered to, this is the place to be.

Reviewed 5 June 2016

Local friends recommended this place. We split fish and chips and both had enough as it was a large portion. This place is in the basement and not large at all. Music seemed to go between Irish and something else.

Reviewed 20 May 2016

Yes, this is a typical Irish Bar. If you're not into the tavern scene, maybe it's not for you. And, if you're not into food known throughout the British Isles, we'll there are other places to eat. But if you're looking for some awesome bangers, good Irish music, and staff that is truly some of the nicest folks, then this is the place to go.

My favorite? Oh - the pretzel and banger appetizer. The fish and chips wasn't too bad, either! We had a full assortment of food including the corned beef and the salmon sandwich. Everyone walked away stuffed and happy!

But best of all was the staff. Extremely friendly and gave us service that was above and beyond.