All reviewsyampa riverhot springsrabbitneon signdiscount ticketsin towncontinental breakfastbalcony overlooking the riverwalking distance to downtownyogurtcore trailnice balconystayed one nightquiet at nightcomfortable roomsperfect locationenjoyed our stay
Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

Had previously stayed here. This visit was disappointing. Bed was not comfortable but by far the big deal was misinforming us as to occupancy status when we asked to extend our stay one day. Was informed they were booked up so we packed up and moved down the block to Nordic lodge (excellent experience). Noted the following day they advertised vacancy. I inquired and was informed they indeed had vacancy. Staff error caused us a major hassle that cut into our ski time. No more rabbit ears motel in the future. Nordic lodge discovery us our new go to place in steamboat.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
gregkoe, Owner at Rabbit Ears Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2016

Dave, I know this wasn't your first stay with us, and certainly we don't want it to be the last. When you book through a third party vendor, we don't always have complete control as to rate and room availability. Please contact me directly next time you are coming to town and I will personally ensure you receive the best rate and information right away.
greg@rabbitearsmotel.com

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

I love Steamboat Springs, Co. for many reasons. First and foremost is the fact that both my children live within 30 minutes of Steamboat downtown. Why stay at the Rabbit if my kids are in town you ask? Private space for my husband and I. We love to spend as much time as possible with the kids, but staying with either of them is hard to do when they have limited or no room in their homes for guests. This was my sixth stay at Rabbit Ears Motel, located on Lincoln Street in the heart of Steamboat. I have grown to appreciate the location more and more each time. A easy walk thru town on Lincoln Street brings me to great shopping, resturants, bars, galleries and entertainment. One street over from Lincoln is Yampa, more restaurants, shopping, entertainment and the bike path that runs along the Yampa River. Ride from the Rabbit to the beautiful library or to the mountain. There are many bike rental shops. Rent one with a basket. You may not need a car! Across the street from the Rabbit you will find Old Town Hot Springs. The Rabbit Ears Motel offer discount tickets to Old Town and the gals at the Motel desk will also provide you with towels. After a day of skiing, the hot springs are fabulous to soak in. You can sit in a corner by yourself, or join the conversation with fellow tourists from all over the world, and with locals, who will share must "visit or experience" in Steamboat stories. Can't beat sitting in the hot springs while sticking your tongue out to catch snowflakes. Bring a large bottle of water and soak away. Old Town also houses large gym with machines, free weights, all sorts of classes AND for those with young children, swimming pools heated by the springs and a twisty slide from the third floor of the building into one of the many pools. There is also a seperate Olympic size lap pool. Bring quarters for lockers, and money for the snack bar. Just a few yards from the Rabbit is a bus stop...the buses are FREE, run every 10 minutes until 8p and then less frequently until 3am. And they are amazingly on time!!! So convenient. Movies, mountain, more dinning, shopping or sites to see, load your skis or bike on the bus racks and just go. A few steps past the bus stop (3 minute walk from the Rabbit) is Natural Grocer. I stock the fridge in my room with treats and drinks. Bring a cloth bag or two to carry groceries. No plastic bags at Natural Grocer. I use the microwave in the room to heat water and left overs from dinners out, or kid cooked meals. The room decor is simple, "rustic", brown...could use updating...but the matresses are new and comfortable, plenty of pillows, towels and blankets. The room is very clean. The same cleaning ladies have worked there for as long as I have been visiting. It's a functional room, with large open closet space...skis, boots, poles and other sport toys fit well. Second floor rooms have balconies. Small, clean bathroom..sometimes I wish I had a full kitchen, but for the PRICE and LOCATION, I can't complain. Between the awesome restaurants within walking distance and my kids cooking, I'll take the Rabbit over any place in town. Continental breakfast comes with the price of the room, hard boiled eggs, waffles, bagels, muffins, oranges, cereals, and coffee, tea, hot chocolate. The ladies at the desk are so helpful and happy to share Steamboat lore and information with you. So, until one of my kids buys or rents a house with a guest room in Steamboat, look for me at the Rabbit. Oh, and gotta love their neon sign. Classic!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Nina S

Alright! What a great review, not only for us, but the town. We are so happy to be a part of your special escape! Can't wait to have you as our guests again on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 February 2016

The people could not have been nicer. Great location......rooms were small but very clean and comfortable. You do not need a car in this town because everything is convienent. I would come back to Rabbit Ears

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo

Woohoo! Thanks, see you next visit!

Reviewed 1 February 2016

I would like echo the previous guest feedback on the Rabbit Ears Motel. We just spent 2 nights here for a ski weekend. The location of the hotel is perfect. A short walk to town for great restaurants and bars. The hot springs are directly across the street from the motel, and if you take a walk to the springs, make sure to stop at the motel front desk for discounted tickets. It’s a 5 minute drive to the mountain parking, or there is a bus that picks up right out front of the motel. The rooms are small, clean and cozy. It appears the bathrooms were all recently renovated, and they are very nice. I would say that the walls are a bit thin and you will hear some cross room noise, but that certainly wouldn’t stop me from staying here again. Every encounter we had with the motel staff during our visit was great. They also offer a continental breakfast with your stay. If you are looking for a place to stay that is a great value, in a perfect location, I would say the Rabbit Ears is your place to stay. We are looking forward to our next ski trip to Steamboat and another stay at the Rabbit Ears.

Room Tip: Try to get a 2nd floor room to reduce noise
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2016

The staff are very friendly and helpful. We had to check out in the morning for an evening flight, but they let us store our luggage in their office while we skied, and then they had a changing room for us. That is excellent customer service.

There is a bus stop right in front of the motel for the free bus to the ski area and the Steamboat Springs town. That is very convenient.

The breakfast does need improving. There are the usual cold cereals, yogurt, bread for making toast, coffee and orange juice. After the first morning, we opted to have breakfast up on the mountain.

The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom looked like it had been updated, and it was clean. This is an older motel, so the closet is very, very small. They could improve on the pillows, and the bed setup. There is a gap between the bed and the headboard (for an old baseboard heater), so your pillow will slip in the gap while you're sleeping. I hope they are working on updated the rooms and removing the old baseboard heaters, since there was a new airconditioner/heater in the room. The room seemed warm, even when we didn't turn on the heat, and we were there in very cold weather.

The free wifi in the room worked great.

Overall, we were happy with the Rabbit Ears Motel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: convenient to the free bus that takes you to the ski area
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family

Thanks for the feedback! We are constantly renovating the motel. The carpets, bedding, bathrooms, and deck rails were all the latest upgrades and we keep going! We appreciate your comments and hope you will indeed stay with us again.