“Great location, nice quiet summer bargain.”
Review of Laurelwood Studios

Laurelwood Studios
Colorado Rockies
“Great location, nice quiet summer bargain.”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We stayed the week of the Aspen Food & Wine Classic (a blast) working and volunteering. Enjoyed the location, but next time would choose upper floor, as if I wanted privacy, I had to keep the curtains closed which made it a bit claustrophobic, although, outside was so quiet, people rarely walked by - but a sidewalk was just outside my window, and no privacy sheer shades.
For 5 nights, I had the large hot tub (choice of 2) to myself while hubby worked nights. It was just that quiet in mid-June.
We stayed in unit 201 which was remodeled with granite countertops and new tile, but the chairs could surely use a steam clean and the sliding divider between the main room and the "bedroom" (it was a studio) was broken - it turned out to work fine, as the broken part allowed us to keep it open, but block the view from the open window/door to the bed area. (Thus, a pro and a con.)
Nice large, fully stocked kitchen, but please, somebody bring a knife sharpener! Upgraded bathroom.
Bed sheets were horrible, pilled, lumpy. Need to return them as flawed and get new sheets. We asked for replacements, and they were a bit better, but still pilled and not smooth/soft at all.
Convenient to Snowmass Village and I enjoyed many walks to town and around the ski area hill, enjoying the lilacs and other flowers.
Yes, the hike from town to the condo is steep, but, hey, it's Colorado and on a mountain! And, yes, free, unlimited world-wide phone calls from the room.
Not a lot of stores open in the mall yet, (off season) but enough restaurants to keep us satisfied - we also had our own food in our kitchen. There's a little store on the R hand side of the liqour store in the mall that had emergency supplies (sugar, coffee, etc) - but it's not very obvious - if you don't want to drive to the grocery store at the entrance to the village, keep this place in mind in the mall, just 2 1/2 blocks from the condo.
When we asked for maid service (emergency - needed it in a one hour window between me getting up and hubby coming back from night shift and needing to sleep) - it never happened as promised. Thus, we used maid service all of 10 minutes in 5 days to change bed from lumpy sheets to "slightly less lumpy" sheets.
Would stay again.
With a pull-out couch, could be a bargain ski-in, ski-out with another couple, but assume rates are significantly higher during ski season. And, agree with another reviewer that IF you had the parking-lot side room, AND you were blessed in winter with fresh snow for skiing, that yes, then, it could be noisy while they plow the parking lot, acrosss the street, early in the day.

Room Tip: For more privacy, avoid ground floor units. Slope-side in winter to avoid plow beep noise.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DineRight4
LaurelwoodCondos, General Manager at Laurelwood Studios, responded to this review, 12 August 2011
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We have recently ordered new linens so on your next stay with us this will not be a problem. We hope to see you back. Sincerely,
Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Utica, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at Laurelwood for three days...we chose newly renovated one bedroom condo...Room was very clean and nicely maintained..Kitchen had all vessels and importantly they all were pretty new...overall we were very satisfied...worth for amount we paid

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vin-me
Reviewed 23 June 2011

The studio condo was very nice, but I feel obligated to report a negative incident when checking out: I was having my airline boarding pass faxed to me at the management office. The gentleman at the office informed me that "there was a $1 charge per page". I felt after paying about $100/day for the room, that this was very petty (especially given the fact that the phone in the unit had been out of service for the 3 days I was there, and I had been very understanding about this). There are many other alternatives available in Snowmass, and I would probably not return as a result of this pettiness by the management office.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We have eliminated the $1.00 a page for any incoming faxes and for next time we do allow our guest to print boarding passes using the office equipment. We appreciate all feedback, so thank you for your time in writing the review. We hope to see you back.
australia
Reviewed 28 April 2011

The fireplaces in these units are a health hazard, and smoke out the units when it gets cold!
They called this inversion, I call it really bad management!

This place has made me ill.....The fireplaces smoke out the building, and the manager refused to ask people to put the fires out until I became really ill, which was too late. I developed asthma and bronchitis, which I have never had before!
The management has been less than helpful, eventually requesting no fires be lit for a day or so, and reduced one nights tarriff, but failed to assist in paying for my medical fees, which have been substantial. (I am still recovering a few months later.)

The bed linen was also terrible , worn and all balled and difficult to sleep in.

Location is good, but its not worth staying here. Your health is too important!. I would never stay there again!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank cococoAustralia
Thank you for your review. We do have wood burning fireplaces in all our studio units. We experienced abnormal weather patterns last winter that did create some smoke inversion. This past spring we have had several professionals look at resolving the issue. We care very much about our guests and owners health and safety. When you made us aware of the situation we immediately placed a no burn policy and we did offer to move you and all your unpacked belongings while you were skiing the next day. We feel we did everything we could to try and make your stay an enjoyable experience. Unfortunately, we cannot control the atmosphere conditions but are certainly resolving the issue for the next winter season. We hope to see you back.
Snowmass Village, Colorado
Reviewed 18 April 2011

My husband and I stayed in Unit 108 and loved the decor and the spaciousness--for a studio. We could walk to restaurants in less than two minutes; a pizza was delivered within 20 minutes; we could ski right from the property. Very nice laundry facility. Courteous staff!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Snowmass Village
0.2 km away
The Westin Snowmass Resort
The Westin Snowmass Resort
#6 of 13 in Snowmass Village
0.4 km away
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination Hotel
Stonebridge Inn, A Destination H...
#1 of 13 in Snowmass Village
0.1 km away
Aspenwood
Aspenwood
#6 of 23 in Snowmass Village

Been to Laurelwood Studios? Share your experiences!